Car won't start

o0n8

Short story: 04 Mazda 6s (V6) - removed the battery to replace a coolant line fitting. Put everything back together and now my car doesn't even turn over.

Long story: I got a check engine light the other day for a cylinder 3 misfire and then I can hear and feel the misfire. I replaced the coil pack and plug and put it all back together. Car starts up, misfire is gone but notice a coolant leak from a "universal" T fitting that I replaced earlier this summer. Advanced actually had the OEM replacement in stock so I go pick it up. I removed the battery to have access to replace the fitting, put everything back together but my car won't start. Doesn't turn over, no clicks, nothing. All lights work, attempted to jump it, had the battery checked and it was good. I removed it and the battery try to see if I knocked a wire loose, nothing looks different, nothing loose. Put everything back together and still nothing.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

yep check your terminal connections

is starter getting power? put a voltmeter on the starter and see if it's getting battery voltage

if it's getting battery voltage but not engaging when you turn the key to start, jump the solenoid with a flathead or other metal object of convenience to make sure the starter is functional

yep check your terminal connections

is starter getting power? put a voltmeter on the starter and see if it's getting battery voltage

if it's getting battery voltage but not engaging when you turn the key to start, jump the solenoid with a flathead or other metal object of convenience to make sure the starter is functional

Terminals are super clean, battery isn't very old. Unfortunately to get to the starter I have to remove the battery and battery try.

I've checked all fuses and they are all good. I'm going to take the starter in to get tested but it seems like it might be a PCM issue forgetting the keys.

So just went out to start on removing the starter, decided to flip the key for shits & giggles and it started up like normal. Maybe coolant got on something and it just needed to dry out? I don't know but I'll just have to see if it does this again

I've had cars do funny things after disconnecting a battery, and after disconnecting again and letting things power down it works fine. GM refers to this in their vehicles as "logic lock", and disconnecting the battery you actually hold the cables together for 5 minutes, this makes sure any capacitance is drained, they call that "global reset". Ever since computers have become so common and control everything this has become normal.