New Toy: BMW 335i

Zx2guy19

You can't run a vin at BMW for service history? That's conveniently hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most dealerships will not tell you the vehicle history per the vin because that can be considered personal information of the previous owner

However a lot of major dealerships report service to autocheck and carfax and it will state the date and what repair/ check was performed

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PoliticalThoseHorse-size_restricted.gif

Obviously you know I'm not a fan favorite of you (and I'm sure the feeling is mutual), but this actually made me laugh. Well done.

Good find!

Is there an easy way to tell if it has already been chipped/flashed? Cheap boost gauge maybe?

Can you check the dealer history to see when/if the injectors/high pressure fuel pump have been replaced?

Subscribed to hear how aftermarket turbo replacement goes.

Def intrigued with the AWD 3/5 cars as a replacement to our trusty 2nd Gen Acura RL more ballz but without the reliability.

The HPFP has not been done on this one, and neither have the injectors. They're really only an issue when they become and issue. Some happen at 50k and some happen at 150k. I'll just wait for my turn.

I think a full bolt on car with brand new turbos making over 500whp for under 12k is a pretty good deal, no?

That's the way I see it. I'll be right at 11k when this is all done, and I think for what I got it's a good deal.

also how much it sucks you can no longer do a charge back on your card if they fuck you over. Sorry no offence but if they ever told me to pay by check because it sucks for them to take a card id tell them to pound sand. Pay with credit card since its the banks money and if they are out the money they are more apt to get it back since it benefits them. Also you can get points for your purchases so it ends up costing less.

I completely agree, BUT, RB is a legit company that's been working with BMW people for many years. Could I get fucked? Yeah...I've also been fucked on a credit card situation where they basically told me to fuck myself. I'm sure a few people here would love to see it happen, but I guess I'm willing to take my chances.

I've always considered buying one of these cars, but would need one with less miles and a warranty---I'm just not up for this kind of work at this point in my life. sounds like a good deal IF...............

nothing else brakes!!! its a roll of the dice though. interested to see how this pans out

and never pay check for car parts from a company that says "we hate credit cards" its a red flag, and they lure you in by giving you a great deal. hope they don't screw you

You and me both man. I suppose we will see shortly.

also how much it sucks you can no longer do a charge back on your card if they fuck you over. Sorry no offence but if they ever told me to pay by check because it sucks for them to take a card id tell them to pound sand. Pay with credit card since its the banks money and if they are out the money they are more apt to get it back since it benefits them. Also you can get points for your purchases so it ends up costing less.

Meh.

Owning a business, the payment processing fees SUCK. I would definitely give someone a better deal if they paid where I didn't have to eat processing fees. We have done it a few times with PetrolBox.

If it's a reputable company, no problem.

You can't run a vin at BMW for service history? That's conveniently hilarious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't have any issues when I did this when when I working the deal on my 2002 325ci. I called the dealership and the other shops that I had receipts for to verify any additional work that was done. The 14 535 was CPO by BMW so I got all records, which wasn't too many for a newish car.

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I received everything from RB Turbo on Wednesday and it all looks great. I'll grab some pics during the install to share!

Also ordered new front brakes today- they feel a bit warped so I may as well just do it now. Cross drilled/slotted with ceramic pads.

I still drive this thing frequently and it's a blast. Can't wait to feel it with the inlets and turbo's installed.

• 4 weeks later...

The turbos are done (thanks Lauren) and the car is freaking insane.

On the way home, the car fell on it's face and developed a really bad injector tick. Since the valve cover gasket needs done anyways, I'm ordering everything today to do it likely next weekend.

While doing the turbo's Lauren found that the rear main is leaking. Not a major job and with my power, I needed a new clutch anyways, so we'll do that together.

Overall, I am replacing stuff that I would be upgrading anyways (outside of the injectors and VC gasket). New brakes went on too.

Loving the car and oddly not mad at all about the amount of money going into it because it's all upgrades.

Turns out the injectors were just dirty and the spark plugs were being flooded by oil from the valve cover gasket. A $40 gasket later and we are good to go. The car basically has no traction above 4k RPM's in 1-3 gear (it doesn't help the existing clutch is slipping badly due to the rear main and my power level).

Ordering a new clutch and flywheel today! I love this car so far. I'll keep doing little shit to it but I've addressed most of the major concerns/upgrades, so now it's about just enjoying it.

Nice car.

If you have the original wheels, I might be interested in them.

make sure to check the control arm/thrust arm bushings. They are liquid filled and when they burst they make a nasty mess and then the wheel will move back under braking. Mine went at 72K miles, but most rupture around 80-90K miles (or so I am told). I think they can be replaced with the M3 units which are solid rubber.

I feel as though you've lit owned everything with a motor ever. I don't mean that in a dickish way at ALL, you just lit have a personal story about anything posted on CR it seems.

...new DSMs

:barf:

I am 10000% sure

That's not even possible JP.

Hopefully you plan on clearing up those headlights...

Some people can't even be happy for others...:lol:

...so you still want to condition the thing once a month to avoid cracking.

:wtf: People talk about high maintenance women...

Perfect time for red (interior)...

:barf:

my 2008 335xi was fun till I hit the 130k mark, but to much stuff started failing.

anyone want to buy a 335xi MT for $3k, runs daily but needs work, lol

VAGlol.

I don't think I've ever seen a bmw or Volkswagen over 50,000 miles that didn't change it's own oil.

Preach.