iConverting

El Karacho1647545492

What I’m reading is that there will only be 12 million or less iPhone X at launch, distributed around the world, so good luck getting one before 2018. This phone is not going into production for another 2 weeks or so. If I have learned anything from Apple, you buy the second version when they bring out tech like faceID. This shit of charging laptop prices for phones is making me keep my unlocked 6s+ with a headphone jack.

What I’m reading is that there will only be 12 million or less iPhone X at launch, distributed around the world, so good UCLA getting one before 2018. This phone is not going into production for another 2 weeks or so. If I have learned anything from Apple, you buy the second version when they bring out tech like faceID. This shit of charging laptop prices for phones is making me keep my unlocked 6s+ with a headphone jack.

Wow that's gonna be a major bottleneck.

My GS6 has been performing very poorly lately, I may be forced into an iP8+ or other phone sooner than iPX is available. I'm definitely not going to jump in with both feet and rush to pre-order iPX.

headphone jack is something I criticized Apple for last gen, but I started paying attention to how often i use the headphone jack on my GS6 and it's basically never. I'm all bluetooth now.

What I’m reading is that there will only be 12 million or less iPhone X at launch, distributed around the world, so good luck getting one before 2018. This phone is not going into production for another 2 weeks or so. If I have learned anything from Apple, you buy the second version when they bring out tech like faceID. This shit of charging laptop prices for phones is making me keep my unlocked 6s+ with a headphone jack.

That's also saying a lot from someone who has bought almost every phone product the week of release too.

Ill be rocking my 6Plus for a while.. its still running very well.. and im at about 22 months in..

That's also saying a lot from someone who has bought almost every phone product the week of release too.

Ill be rocking my 6Plus for a while.. its still running very well.. and im at about 22 months in..

Yeah once the Carriers quit subsidizing the phones, that was my last purchase. (6s+) thought about taking advantage of BOGO from AT&T for the iPhone 7plus, but that turns out to be a scam also.

Care to elaborate?

You have to pay tax on both phones, there are fees to activate said phones, then fees to move our lines, and the free phone is not the same as the one you pay for. All in all it’s like sure you get another phone for $300 on top of buying the first one. Fine print spells it out.

You have to pay tax on both phones, there are fees to activate said phones, then fees to move our lines, and the free phone is not the same as the one you pay for. All in all it’s like sure you get another phone for $300 on top of buying the first one. Fine print spells it out.
all I paid was a $40 activation fee and got two identical Note 8 phones. Tax too but that's normal.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

I would have bought a 64GB 7+ and the free phone would have been the 32GB 7. I’m also reading folks that did this promotion that they were billed for the second phone after the fact and finally credited 90 days after upgrading. I’ve never bought an iPhone through a carrier. Always bought directly from Apple. I’m gonna continue that in the future, everything I read online says these promotions never go right and are never as they seem.

I tried this last year with the 7, and there's a lot to like about the X (specifically the gesture based UI), but ultimately I couldn't do it. I still just found iOS to be TOO restricted for me. The giant grid of apps is just too much clutter for me.

Even if I could just make the apps grid from the bottom-up, rather than top-down, that would be a step in the right direction. Instead I had to put a bunch of random crap at the top to fill screen space, and put the apps I actually wanted to use at the bottom so that I didn't have to jumble the phone around and almost drop it every time I wanted to open an app at the top.

Also, not being able to download and set default apps is really annoying given that I'm so entrenched in the Google app ecosystem. iMessage is nice, and I wish there was a viable Android alternative...actually the whole "Continuity" thing that Apple has going on is FANTASTIC. The issue is I've got to spend $800+ on a phone, then $1200+ on a laptop to be able to utilize it. If Google would just implement something similar on Android I would be SO happy. I got my Galaxy S8 on a BOGO deal, basically making it a $350 dollar phone, and I got my Chromebook Plus for $450. That's less than the price of an iPhone X.

I'm sure if you just want something that works, and aren't concerned with being able to customize your UI, you'll be more than happy with an iPhone. It's just no there for me yet. In fact, I'm getting the new BlackBerry Keyone tomorrow and am soooo geeked out by it.

iMessage doesn’t exist on droid.

iMessage isn't but it's not really necessary is it? My Androids have had wifi calling for years now thus I can send and receive text messages over wifi such as when flying to Cali. It's really just a matter of ensuring my iDevice family members have their phones set up to use both iMessage and SMS at the same time.

I would have bought a 64GB 7+ and the free phone would have been the 32GB 7. I’m also reading folks that did this promotion that they were billed for the second phone after the fact and finally credited 90 days after upgrading. I’ve never bought an iPhone through a carrier. Always bought directly from Apple. I’m gonna continue that in the future, everything I read online says these promotions never go right and are never as they seem.

Yeah, the first 90 day thing is odd and they explained it to me last time too, but in the end, the credit comes back to me on my bill so I really don't care. Not sure in your case why you wouldn't be able to buy two of the same phones.

For use we swtiched from WOW cable too and upgraded our cell plan to unlimited data, etc. All-in it was a $151mo savings to do it. Would have been more but I'm keeping my WOW Internet as it's super fast and flawless for us.