Issue 1

Mace1647545504

https://ballotpedia.org/Ohio_Issue_1,_Crime_Victim_Rights_Initiative_(2017)

Some important points:

"NO" supporters say this violates the Bill of Rights, as it allows victims to refuse to turn over evidence (not against themselves) and would increase the burden on taxpayers.

But ACLU supports NO. WAT DO???

Edited by El Karacho

It does sound like our current Ohio system doesn't need this bill. Most of those notifications and whatnot are in our state law. Bringing up the original 1983 case is pointless. Aside from the civil rights aspects it really does seem like it could be a burden on the process.

Add in the ")" to the end of the web address, tards.

This seems to be an issue that has rec'd support in both liberal (California, Illinois) and conservative (Montana, North and South Dakota) states. Support seems to be coming from both sides of the aisle. I'm not a huge fan of amending the constitution for something like this, but we already did it back in 94, and this just kind of cleans that up and makes it a bit more specific. I'll probably be voting "yes".

Why does nothing on BallotPedia show up when I click these Issue links?

fixed (i think)

Also this thread is a perfect example of why our political system is so completely fucked. People vote based on who supports/opposes it rather than reading it themselves and determining the merit of the bill without the partisan noise.