10.0@156

coltboostin

Jesus bro, thing was movin! I could only imagine, with an actual launch, what you could scrub out of that 1/4

In theory- 8s. A few DSMs are in the 8s at 155-157. I'd have to launch it like I hated it to get there tho and have a perfect 1/8th, neither of which is likely lol.

I'd be happy with consistent, easy mid 9s. As easy as a mid 9 can be for a POS 4 banger :lolguy:

Ha well I'll be eager to see it happen. Still non-caged or chuted to boot lol. How many passes do you think you'll get before the kick you off the track?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Depends on the track LOL. Thats why I went to 42 and not Norwalk that day. Their "tech" guy didn't even open my hood LOL

That's fucking insane. After owning a Colt (obviously the one you built), I'd shit myself at that speed. They're like roller skates anyways...can't believe they are capable of going this fast and not launching to the moon.

You're the man JP. Very cool.

That's fucking insane. After owning a Colt (obviously the one you built), I'd shit myself at that speed. They're like roller skates anyways...can't believe they are capable of going this fast and not launching to the moon.

This. My 1G scares me about the 140+ area, ha ha. I have done balls to the wall freeway once. Not doing that again. Lulz.

Ha! Yes FWD with an open diff is a little sketchier with the torque steer. It feels more stable when its just hookin' and bookin'. But again, i could just be numb to the sketchiest after all these years. :lolguy:

This. My 1G scares me about the 140+ area, ha ha. I have done balls to the wall freeway once. Not doing that again. Lulz.

Im thinking my self preservation mechanism is a little off. LOL

On that pass, I was STANDING on the brakes. The guys at the end of the track were frantically pointing to the last exit. I blew past them mouthing "cant stop" lol. I see why the require a parachute at 150 traps now

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE-

Tried it again at a local test and tune. Held it at 5k, clutch out. (still have no 2 step- no MPH in link) 1.6 60ft. 6.5 1/8th (best 8th for this car so far) Shift 4th- BOOM. Coupler blows off the MAF.

10.4 @ 101. FAK. That was my 9.

Pissed next pass- give her the beans on the launch. Grenade the U joint- exploded the rear yoke- and it slipped the carrier, so the front yoke slipped out and chuck'd a piece of the T case on the way out. Literally the front and rear of the D shaft where on the ground LOL.

I really need a 2 step to LIMIT my power on the leave.

Not sure which pass this was of yours but

https://youtu.be/OofZ1oDr1wo

Thanks for the vid!

Shit. That would have been the one most likely.

Yeah-its my bad. I had replaced it with a greasable U joint. Evidently- they are hollow in the middle and therefor weaker. In essence the failure is my fault. Live and learn!