Going To Street Outlaws Event This Weekend

wagner

Just got it confirmed that I will be one of the only legit media people allowed to have credentials and shoot this event at Bowling Green. They are pretty much giving me the run of the place.

There is also the opportunity for me to go to the "streets" in the future for some other stuff they having going. So there's a very good chance you're going to see me on a season of Street Outlaws in the future.

All of this after I spent five days at Maryland International Raceway helping to run our live broadcast of the Import vs Domestic World Cup on SpeedVideo. We had almost 400,000 unique views from Thursday until Sunday.

Very cool. I was watching on speed video on Sunday. Some bad ass cars running out there.

That event always impresses me. It was crazy standing at the top end as one of the cars threw a rod out as it passed us. Crazy high RPMs, loud clank, lots of smoke, then the smell of burnt oil.

Some of those imports on the chip were shaking the walls of our RV with the banging and popping.

This is awesome Wags, I'm excited for you to be getting these opportunities. Doesn't seem that long ago that we were reading the thread about your big career move.

Wags, keeping the racing in Columbus Racing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is awesome Wags, I'm excited for you to be getting these opportunities. Doesn't seem that long ago that we were reading the thread about your big career move.

+1. Very much this.

Glad to see you're getting some great opportunities to cover that which you love!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Thank you, I appreciate that. It's been a long strange trip...

We have some HUGE stuff coming in 2018 that I think people are going to love.

With the purchase of Xcelleration Media we picked up several new magazines, will be putting out an all LSX based print magazine and all Ford print magazine. These will go with the Drag Racing, Hot Rod, and Dirt Track print magazines that Xcelleration had.

We are also going to be doing some web based TV shows that are FREE and don't require any type of subscription to view. The content is going to be very interesting.

Then there's the whole SpeedVideo monster where we are going to start covering non-drag racing events like the Ultimate Call Out Challenge.

My time is going to be split between Dragzine, Drag Racing Scene (print and digital), and SpeedVideo. Not to mention helping Ray and we have to try and run my car into the 9s without blowing it up for Dragzine :)

Happy to have a very small part in helping you out via the Red Dragon. Glad to see you so busy, means the company is doing well and you are am important part of it. Congrats on the continued success.

Small part, sheeeeeet, you're ballz deep in that car just as much as me :fuckyeah:

Busy is an understatement, they want me to go out on the road with SpeedVideo and be an Assistant Producer on at least 5 broadcasts next year, not sure if I'm going to do that yet or not.

When I get back from Bowling Green it will be time to start thinking about the 2018 battle plan for the Red Dragon.

Way to make your dreams come true sir, most people never have the guts to make the first step. Sounds like some awesome stuff ahead for you next year, will be one of many here on CR cheering you on.

P.S. If you need a camera bitch/assistant on the Street Outlaws actual street stuff let me know ;)

Way to make your dreams come true sir, most people never have the guts to make the first step. Sounds like some awesome stuff ahead for you next year, will be one of many here on CR cheering you on.

P.S. If you need a camera bitch/assistant on the Street Outlaws actual street stuff let me know ;)

I'm still the same old idiot, I just now play with racecar stuff for a living and try to help my friends along the way :)

I've had to develop even thicker skin now since I do so much in the public eye. It's hard to not respond to some of the stuff out there, but I have to remain professional.

Example:

I did an article with Wilson Manifolds about throttle bodies recently. They are VERY protective of their brand and I had to do my interview with their tech guy and have Keith Wilson (company owner/founder) on the call to make sure all the information was what he wanted out there.

Then, after I finished the article I had to send it to them for review (a few companies require this). They loved it, signed off on it, and even used it in their marketing. Well, the hate started flowing in on something I put in there and I've had to just let it roll off my back. It would be easy to throw a reply out there like "well that's what the owner of the company told me, so you're saying he's an idiot", but it's that kind of stuff that makes even more hated.

I've learned to just let the negative people of this world be that, negative. Their words and actions speak for themselves and allow others to see them for who they really are. That and this is a VERY small industry, I have no desire to burn any bridges.

With this whole Street Outlaws thing, there's a lot of people saying things that aren't true because they aren't getting a cut. Now, when the full story comes out they are going to look like the trash they are and it will be GREAT....

That event was INSANE. I've never seen that many people at Beech Bend, might have been he most I've ever seen at a race.

Got to see a lot of cool behind the scenes stuff, these guys have some balls and can drive.

I will be getting to do some really cool articles in 2018 and got some unique pictures. I can't post a lot yet because reasons, but the wait will be worth it.