WTB: FD RX7

STEVE-O

Have a FD you might want to get rid of ? Know someone looking to sell? Will consider rollers to fully running driving ready to daily

Like the title states pretty straight forward , no set budget would all be determined by condition.

Clean title only no salvage/rebuilt !

Feel free to pm me with what you got but also know I don’t want your tater pms of well for $50,000 I could be talked into selling mine crap

Well for $50k I could be talked into selling mine......

Haha. Good luck on the search. When I last looked Rx7club and Autotrader were the best sources. Be prepared to travel to get the right car. The market on them is strong right now.

Also have a firm idea I’d you want black or tan interior and I’m assuming you want a 5-speed. Both can be changed, but both require more time and money than most expect.

Well for $50k I could be talked into selling mine......

Haha. Good luck on the search. When I last looked Rx7club and Autotrader were the best sources. Be prepared to travel to get the right car. The market on them is strong right now.

Also have a firm idea I’d you want black or tan interior and I’m assuming you want a 5-speed. Both can be changed, but both require more time and money than most expect.

I don’t mind the travel as long as it is a reasonable distance to drive back in a day. I found one I am considering so far in NC (my sister lives there) so I could easily fly down and even stay with her overnight if needed.

I have found a couple as well in the 12-15 range in good shape and even 2-3 ls swapped under 20

But yes black or tan interior is a plus and a manual is almost a must but a auto would not be 100% deal breaker as I can always change it down the road

Changing from tan interior to black will cost you a legit $3k or more using good condition used parts. That’s why I bring it up. Black on the used market and you have to remove the full interior including the dash to change it. That’s why I brought it up cause it’s way more time intensive and costly than people realize. That means if you’re buying a car with tan interior you better be happy with it. You can sell the tan parts but they’re worth 1/4of black.

For the auto to manual swap to do it right you need to change the gauge cluster and the dash wiring harness. Anything less is making a compromise somewhere. So be aware of what’s involved there too. The rear irons on automatics had a different bellhousing pattern so unless you swap a full manual trans motor or rebuild with a manual trans rear iron you’ll be missing a bolt or 2 for the transmission too. That’s another notion people get caught in thinking the swap is easier than it is.

Best bet in the long run is to buy what you want up front even if it’s more expensive and harder to find. It’s typically cause it’s worth it. Good luck in your search.

Changing from tan interior to black will cost you a legit $3k or more using good condition used parts. That’s why I bring it up. Black on the used market and you have to remove the full interior including the dash to change it. That’s why I brought it up cause it’s way more time intensive and costly than people realize. That means if you’re buying a car with tan interior you better be happy with it. You can sell the tan parts but they’re worth 1/4of black.

For the auto to manual swap to do it right you need to change the gauge cluster and the dash wiring harness. Anything less is making a compromise somewhere. So be aware of what’s involved there too. The rear irons on automatics had a different bellhousing pattern so unless you swap a full manual trans motor or rebuild with a manual trans rear iron you’ll be missing a bolt or 2 for the transmission too. That’s another notion people get caught in thinking the swap is easier than it is.

Best bet in the long run is to buy what you want up front even if it’s more expensive and harder to find. It’s typically cause it’s worth it. Good luck in your search.

Thanks for the Info, I would be happy with black or tan interior as the I feel they did a good job with the exterior colors the interior to me matches fine.

Montego with tan or red and tan white and tan all look good imo

If I bought a auto down the line it would get a LS power plant though

I know this isn’t what you asked for and I don’t have many details yet but I have a friend in Lancaster area looking to sell an RX8. Car is red, manual, clean daily driver. It also has a very nice custom stereo that has one several awards for sound quality. If you want more info, I can put you in touch with him.

I know this isn’t what you asked for and I don’t have many details yet but I have a friend in Lancaster area looking to sell an RX8. Car is red, manual, clean daily driver. It also has a very nice custom stereo that has one several awards for sound quality. If you want more info, I can put you in touch with him.

Thanks but not interested even a little bit in any rx8

Yea lmk where that is at haha

I was on my way to pick up Juan while negotiating with him. The cars where an hour apart. I was stuck because I traded a Civic for Juan- do I had a trailer with a civic on the back and the FD owner had no interest, so I was a bit stuck LOL

• 2 months later...

I have one for $30K

1993 RX7 Base

98K Miles

Built LS1/T56 (Heads, Cam, Rods, Pistons, LT's etc.)

Cobra 8.8 IRS

Samberg intake

Accusump

CCW Classics 18x10.5 F, 18x11 R (295/30ZR-18 CONTINENTAL CONTIFORCECONTACT on all 4)

Front/Rear RacingBrake BBK Kit

FKwSW1q.jpg

XXSrag2.jpg

Edited by Shmaa

What's your plan with one? LS Swap? Weekend fun car?

Fun car/ daily. I prefer the ls but because of cost not in the books at this moment probably. I have full desire to rock the dorito until the day comes it decides to part ways with the earth then at that point I might do a swap but not even on my radar.

I just honestly want a clean nice daily now that I don’t work a far from home

I would do a $2000, 2000"ish NA Subaru (of course I'm partial to these) for daily and spend the rest on the FD.

There are so many approaches to doing a FD. Almost any advice seems to turn into bad advice. It can turn into the worst car you absolutely love.

Steve, the rest of this thread is going to consist of CR members dissuading you from doing a "fun" FD project, into doing other projects instead. I know you've thought of other options and are settling in on the FD.

I'm just warning you. :)

You should've kept your CTS-V. Maybe go find a GTO or G8: instant clean LS car for DDing.

Steve, the rest of this thread is going to consist of CR members dissuading you from doing a "fun" FD project, into doing other projects instead. I know you've thought of other options and are settling in on the FD.

I'm just warning you. :)

You should've kept your CTS-V. Maybe go find a GTO or G8: instant clean LS car for DDing.

I would take a V again for what I paid for mine or even close , the RX7 has style and class going for it, a gto handles like a Camaro to me and am not a fan of it. I don’t want a project already have 2 haha