Help me identify this supercharger and should I buy it?

C-Mart

Came up for sale local to me for $400, but they don't know the brand but claim it is for an LS1 and I cannot find a match online.

This would be for my LS1 E30.

Is this a good start to piecing a kit together or the start of a headache?

39052160781_1e56f2c36f_z.jpg

Looks like an Eaton M122. Should be easy to get parts for.

I think the Shelby GT500 used one stock, looking at the one posted that looks like where it came from.

May want to reach out to magnuson supercharger - he's an eaton dealer. IIRC the front drive rear inlet is a truck and hummer blower setup so you'll need the manifold for that. Most LS roots blowers for camaros/vettes/GTOs use a front inlet and rear drive setup for cowl clearance.

Edit: I take that back - there may not be a manifold for it. here is a thread that might be relevent:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1490932-homemade-m112-my-ls1-bmw.html

Looks like an Eaton M122. Should be easy to get parts for.

I think the Shelby GT500 used one stock, looking at the one posted that looks like where it came from.

May want to reach out to magnuson supercharger - he's an eaton dealer. IIRC the front drive rear inlet is a truck and hummer blower setup so you'll need the manifold for that. Most LS roots blowers for camaros/vettes/GTOs use a front inlet and rear drive setup for cowl clearance.

Edit: I take that back - there may not be a manifold for it. here is a thread that might be relevent:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1490932-homemade-m112-my-ls1-bmw.html

"Mr Research" strikes again!

"Mr Research" strikes again!

Actually didn't have to research too much, I've kinda switched my next year DD purchase obsession focus from a 996 Porsche to a '07-'09 GT500 - so the blower already looked familiar. Finding a thread where someone was putting one on an LS in a bmw, that was pure google luck.

$150 isn’t worth the headache of installing. I would rather put the fab work it would take to install towards a turbo setup. It is listed as an LS1 supercharger and is not.

A turbo is probably packaged better, plus no parasitic loss. Roots blowers these days are for old guys that like to hear blower whine. What people are doing with turbos on LS engines blows my mind.

I like the setup the guy had it with a whipple charger lower end and a fabricated flat plate top to mount the blower. That's kind of an old school way of making a blower fit and could probably be done for cheap - but yeah, I'd probably hold out for a much cheaper blower, even if there is less fab than a turbo setup. I think the whipple manifold alone new is like $650.

Came up for sale local to me for $400, but they don't know the brand but claim it is for an LS1 and I cannot find a match online.

This would be for my LS1 E30.

Is this a good start to piecing a kit together or the start of a headache?

39052160781_1e56f2c36f_z.jpg

Gt500 blower, I put one on an ls1 but it was a lot of work, you may get a magnuson lower manifold, but it still is a journey even after that hurdle. It is an immediate 10psi from 1800 to 6200 rpm

gross

Yeah but they are cheap for what they are. 500hp and many are less than $30k with less Than 30k miles. Sure they are nose heavy with the iron block, have stripper mustang interiors, and the clutches on them occasionally explode but it's 500 reliable, pump gas, horsepower for like $27k. Feels like a deal to me.