JET Auto Group (highest rated car dealer on CR for a reason)

Doc1647545523

Jordan and his company have been steadfast sponsors of Columbus Racing and generous contributors to each of the Rallies I've participated in. I've known for years what a great guy he was from the threads of satisfied CR customers as well from my personal experiences with him from the Rallies and track days.

I never had the opportunity to do business with him until just a few weeks ago. I had a tough "order" to fill.

I'm joining some Rally North America friends this June on an expedition to the Arctic -- at least as close as we can drive to the Northwest Passage of Hudson Bay. Some consider the Hudson Bay part of the Arctic Ocean (it is brackish) but it isn't above the Arctic Circle. I need a vehicle that will be reasonable to drive on the highways into northern Quebec, then can navigate the James Bay Road http://www.jamesbayroad.com/jbr/index.html then can off-road to the Bay. We may have to sleep in our vehicle due to the wildlife threats (polar bears, black bears, Caribou herds) not to mention the swarms of blackflies, mosquitoes and no-see-ums.

My first inclination was to try to pick up a classic Range Rover, a Hilux, or a Defender, but the vehicle needs to be utterly dependable, as there are no services for hundreds of miles and no roll-backs to come to your rescue. There's no cell phone coverage and hundreds of miles between fuel points. Plus, have you priced a restored Defender lately? Outrageous.

Furthermore, I never seem to own SUV's or trucks for any length of time due to never driving them. So I needed an off road capable vehicle I could sell at the end of the summer without taking a big hit.

TL;DR I needed the perfect vehicle. Jordan delivered.

I was skeptical about Jeep Renegades from the little I had heard from Jeep enthusiasts who considered them to be "not real Jeeps," and in fact they start out on the chassis of a Fiat 500. But the more I researched, the more impressed I became with the Renegade Trailhawk.

JET had one such vehicle, but it sold just before I contacted Jordan. He told me he had a good source for these, though, and he would keep an eye out.

Within a day he had located and I committed to buy this:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/front_zps9cc0eayh.jpg

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/rear_zps3yz17iwq.jpg

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/interior_zpss2z6hcdx.jpg

A used 2017 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk, still under full bumper-to-bumper warranty, freshly serviced and detailed, color I wanted and equipment I wanted. Even with tax and fees, I was out the door at about 8k under MSRP. It's been great so far on-road, and I'm getting it fitted with the external gas cans and other equipment I'll need for the trip.

Jordan took care of every detail and made the whole process fun and efficient. I continue to recommend him without reservation to you all and to my friends.

Thanks, Jordan! :thumbup:

Edited by Doc

You are going to sleep in a Renegade?

I think they are cool little cars, but man....if reliability, offroading, and camping was the goal, the 4Runner is king.

I will sleep in the vehicle two nights, max, and prolly not at all if the lodging gets worked out. I fit in the Renegade nicely with the rear seats folded forward, although it doesn't become perfectly flat.

I'm a Toyota fan, but a 2017 4Runner TRD off road, still under warranty, would have run me twice the price I paid for the Renegade. An important goal was to be able to get out of the vehicle this summer with minimum depreciation. I feel I made the right choice.

A month ago if you had told me that I would be buying a Renegade, I would have laughed at you.

Things change. ;)

• 2 months later...

How did I miss this post!

Doc, I very much appreciate the kind words! Congrats and THANK YOU again for trusting me to locate this for you, and for making the trip to deal with me.

I can’t wait to hear about the trip you are taking the Jeep on, it sounds like a blast!

You are one of the great people that I have met through CR that I’m happy to consider a friend rather than a customer, so definitely keep in touch!

Any updated pics of this thing?

No. The only external mod will be the mounting system for the auxiliary gas cans. Pickups Plus is installing it Thursday. Any other equipment that needs to be outside the Jeep will be lashed to the luggage rack. I'll post a pic with the gas cans in place.

• 4 months later...

The arctic expedition was a blast! I've gotten behind on making threads about my RNA exploits (fall 2017, spring 2018, James Bay Expedition, and just this month, the Rally out west. As soon as I stop traveling each weekend, I'll get photos posted.

Just wanted to thank Jordan once again for locating the vehicle, selling it to me, and then he gave me a great deal in buying it back from me. Perfect buying AND selling experience at JET Auto Group. :thumbup:

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r445/martyr65/Doc%20at%20Hudson%20Bay_zpsj54lozxn.jpg

End of the road, as close to the Arctic Circle as you can drive in eastern Canada