Operation Sell Cruiser/Buy Sportbike complete!

progrmr

NICE DUDE! If I had any idea how to post any smileys or Honda signs I would, but I dont.

Congrads!! Was that the one from Craigs? I had been scoping that if it is. LOVE IT!!

Yep - scored off of CL. Guy was really cool, owner since 2002. Threw in front/rear maintenance stands, scads of parts, a tank bag. Really a good sale. The bike needs front turn signals, rear brake pads and fronts soon. Chain needs some tension ( he dropped a tooth up front, but the chain is new 5K miles ago...not sure about it), and tires will need to be done next season.

Overall a few scrapes but for a 10 year old bike, I am grinning from ear to ear! :)

^^ Thanks! I've done chain clean/adjustments before (had the ZX7 a couple years ago), but this chain is only 5k miles old and according to the adjustment chart, it'll be ready for replacement once I take some slack out. I thought the front sprocket being short a tooth might have something to do with that...??

Also interesting that you bring up the "use WD-40 on an o-ring chain" thing - that debate has caused quite a stir in the past! :) I've always used a tooth brush and kerosene to clean, then coated with a spray on chain wax.

I'm more worried about the tension, and possibly having to replace it so soon.