SpaceX - Falcon Heavy put a Tesla Roadster in space

zeitgeist57

Landing the 2 boosters side by side on the pads, then the main rocket on a barge in the atlantic 200 miles away all essentially at the SAME TIME?! Going from something that was impossible to something that's choreographed in 3 years? It's great to have a proper evil genius in the world today.

Landing the 2 boosters side by side on the pads, then the main rocket on a barge in the atlantic 200 miles away all essentially at the SAME TIME?! Going from something that was impossible to something that's choreographed in 3 years? It's great to have a proper evil genius in the world today.

The center core crashed 100m off it's mark. Still, it was all very impressive. I was expecting a massive explosion.

I quite literally cried when the boosters landed like that.

I was already welled yo when that thing took off.

It was SO FAST like astonishingly fast.

I have no idea how it compares to to to others like Saturn 5 but all i could think is how in our lifetime it’s possible we could see the possible first commercial space flight of humans.

I don’t think it will happen soon but I’d like to believe it will happen before I die.

Think about that.

Elon is like a cult leader too- look at everything he does and the following he has created.

He’s a genius.

I’ve watched I think most of the publicized rocket launches on Space-X and each time I get goose bumps.

I can’t imagine the feeling my dad and the rest of our parents had watching Man walk on the moon the first time but I feel like we are so close to another planetary touchdown with humans we might have an iota of that feeling.

I was in awe watching the boosters land. It literally looked like a 50's sci fi movie.

Regarding the tesla roadster in space...It's cool marketing, and uber nerdy to put Hitchiker's guide references in it, but the last thing space needs is more useless space junk floating around in it. He was shooting to put it in orbit around mars, but it swung wide and is not set to orbit the earth in wide orbit for millions of years. If it doesn't hit something else first.

I was in awe watching the boosters land. It literally looked like a 50's sci fi movie.

Regarding the tesla roadster in space...It's cool marketing, and uber nerdy to put Hitchiker's guide references in it, but the last thing space needs is more useless space junk floating around in it. He was shooting to put it in orbit around mars, but it swung wide and is not set to orbit the earth in wide orbit for millions of years. If it doesn't hit something else first.

It was never going to orbit mars like most think, It would be a heliocentric orbit. Given it’s longer burn it will put it past mars and near Ceres, it’s current orbit is unstable but has been predicted to be fine and not hit anything for hundreds of thousands of years. They will be able to predict farther out once it travels for a longer period of time to get more data and they also see that Jupiter will eventually elongate it’s orbit. Space junk is just mainly a problem in low earth orbit, otherwise space a huuuuuge place so a small car won’t matter.

Being a kid from the Apollo age i can really appreciate the new enthusiasm on any space program. I watched the heavy falcon launch and the Tesla cruise of earth, but wondered why I couldn’t see any land masses on the planet in the background. I have gone back and watched it again several times and dont see any land on the planet. Strange. Check it out