Indy 500

Sully

I've never been, so I would like to go this year. For anyone who has been to it, there are several options when choosing seat location, so what would be the best viewing? There's infield options, and seats at each turn, etc. Would like to hear opinions and experiences from those who have went. Thanks.

The sight lines at Indy are pretty terrible IMO. It's such a large track that you can't really see much besides what's right in front of you. I sat in turn 4 which was OK, you'll see a decent portion of the track from there. If I did it again I would probably choose the frontstretch down by turn 1.

One of my buddies used to sit in the infield near turn 4 and he seemed to like it a lot, he said he had a lot more space, you're not shoulder to shoulder with everyone packed into the grandstands.

Used to go to the Brickyard and sat at the end of the Turn 3 grandstand. You could see them come out of 2 thru exiting turn 4. They have big screens at every turn now too.

Other than that, a breaded pork tenderloin is a must.

***AND NO BEER SALES ON SUNDAY INCLUDING BARS AROUND THE TRACK**** unless it's changed but I doubt it, it's Indiana after all.

I went to the Indy Grand Prix last year, and have already bought tickets to the 500 this year. I always choose infield lawn seating because you can move around anywhere you like if you aren't happy with your sight lines - unlike grandstand seating where you are stuck with what you get.

I have no idea where I'll sit, but we'll be there on Saturday for Legends Day, so I'll get plenty of chances to find something that works before race day.

Used to go to the Brickyard and sat at the end of the Turn 3 grandstand. You could see them come out of 2 thru exiting turn 4. They have big screens at every turn now too.

Other than that, a breaded pork tenderloin is a must.

***AND NO BEER SALES ON SUNDAY INCLUDING BARS AROUND THE TRACK**** unless it's changed but I doubt it, it's Indiana after all.

I was at the 500 last year and had beer at a bar across the street and beer inside. Unless it has changed since then.

The sight lines at Indy are pretty terrible IMO. It's such a large track that you can't really see much besides what's right in front of you. I sat in turn 4 which was OK, you'll see a decent portion of the track from there. If I did it again I would probably choose the frontstretch down by turn 1.

One of my buddies used to sit in the infield near turn 4 and he seemed to like it a lot, he said he had a lot more space, you're not shoulder to shoulder with everyone packed into the grandstands.

Sight lines are garbage for the 500

Side note, I am beyond excited to see these at the Indy GP

My Dad's company had VIP passes and a nice sectioned off area for their clients and employees down at Charlotte speedway so we went. OMG that was the most boring racing event I've ever endured and was happy to have went for free. I could tell several rednecks enjoyed it because every time the guy they didn't like came around the corner they stood up, flipped the bird and yelled "fuck you". They actually did this for nearly every lap.

I'll take drag racing or anything else any day.

We usually sit inside turn one (i think) mostly because we wanted to move around and my friends uncle is a head chef for a team so we visit them.

The grandstands always looked uncomfortable and packed. I've never sat there but I heard it's mostly die hard fans. It's hot regardless of what you do but id rather not be shoulder to shoulder with other people when its 90 degrees outside.

side note, I always find it funny to pass by the graveyard of cooler's outside the front gate. Do people still not understand you can't bring full size coolers in?!

I was at the 500 last year and had beer at a bar across the street and beer inside. Unless it has changed since then.

I last went about 6 or 7 years ago so they may have finally changed it.