335xi project

Lauren

I bought smoking hawks 335xi listed here. It has had its fair share of issues. So far I've done valve cover and oil pan gasket. Added charge pipe and dual cone filters. Fixed rear door latch and installed new window cables in rear. Ordered new trunk to repair dent and make the trunk handle work again. Removed JB4 and flashed with MHD. Registered battery to clear up trouble codes.

I have relocated inlets and downpipes in the garage as well as a new front mount. M3 rep bumper and side skirts heading off to paint. And black line taillights.

New wheels and tires came in yesterday. 18x9 CSL reps with bf Goodrich g force sport comp 2 getting mount. Here's a sneak of wheels. The rears have a 15 mm to get flush with fender. Fronts are already aggressive. aa5cb893af7bec02dea94a21b9c00ab2.jpgbbd1097eb929b946aeb0db62fecbcdbe.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh should have mentioned the lpfp sensor. I installed the new style fuel hose and sensor so that's done as well. Its a pain in the ass to change it mainly because the black box under the intake manifold sucks to move out of the way.

Also delete vaccuum canisters and installed new silicone vacuum hose throughout.

I'm also at a crossroads with cars. I love my allroad and don't want to sell it and I love this 335 and am emotionally attached to both. I turned down a sale on the all road because I couldn't part with it. I'll also never get back into either car for what I got them for so I'm probably just going to keep both.

Having seen this car in person, I am actually excited to see this thread and where you go with it. The car was much cleaner in real life than the pics in the ad would have lead someone to believe - even with the high miles.

I meant to ask you, where did you source the m3 style bumpers?

What's the thought on losing the JB4?

Jb4 is just a glorified boost controller. Its also pretty old tech at this stage. MHD is a full reflash with various maps depending on mods and e85. It creates much more power and it also has way more features.

The app is free the flasher license is $99 and the map packs are $49. No brainer.

I feel bad, this is like dating a cool chic for a long time, you know all her faults and blemishes and you broke up because she quit trying. Now shortly after she’s now gotten a makeover, lost 15 lbs, got some extensions, and fabulous set of fake tits. And now she’s fucking someone you know, and you see the pics all over Instagram.

Poor smokinHawk.....

:no:

Jb4 is just a glorified boost controller. Its also pretty old tech at this stage. MHD is a full reflash with various maps depending on mods and e85. It creates much more power and it also has way more features.

The app is free the flasher license is $99 and the map packs are $49. No brainer.

I have a 335i and never heard of this.... go on....

I feel bad, this is like dating a cool chic for a long time, you know all her faults and blemishes and you broke up because she quit trying. Now shortly after she’s now gotten a makeover, lost 15 lbs, got some extensions, and fabulous set of fake tits. And now she’s fucking someone you know, and you see the pics all over Instagram.

Poor smokinHawk.....

:no:

:lolguy:

Hmmm... Currently using the 135i as my daily. But I admit I am intrigued.

The guys that did the maps for Cobb for the n54 left Cobb and created MHD. Its only available for android. Go to play store and download mhd for n54. There you can buy the license. Buy maps. Buy monitoring feature. You can also read and clear codes. Its constantly evolving with new maps and support. Anyone with a n54/5 I highly suggest it. Oh you need to buy a dkan cable and otg cable

Well spent 2 hours on the car tonight. Dropped the subframe. Pulled stock downpipes and front turbo inlet. Tomorrow I'll tackle the rear inlet and then prep everything for install. Bonus pic of all the boxes of parts for this car. 03188dfe7cb9ca395c81bee71204d347.jpg5847c70c257683e5472b3187f9c99f99.jpg44f8f04d7cfb96e94b72267117fb116a.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk