WTB car hauler/ toy hauler

Mojoe

Looking for a 20'x 8.5' enclosed, dual axle (5,000lbs), "V" nose that is in good working order. I know someone has one sitting around that is in the way. I will entertain a 16' or 18', but those are uncommon sizes in 8.5' width. I may do a 24' if the deal is right.

Feel free to call 614-264-2404

Thanks

Edited by Mojoe

What are you hauling, if you didn't mind my asking? The reason for the question is that if you're planning to haul a car, the 24' is better. Trying to tie down a car in an enclosed trailer is quite a production and having that extra 4' help. Also, look for the escape hatch feature.

I would highly suggest making sure whatever trailer you purchase has 5,000lb torsion axles. Leaf spring axles ride like doodoo and if it has the smaller 3,500lb. axles you can easily go beyond their capacity between the weight of the trailer, your RX7, and some miscellaneous track day gear.

^^ Definitely not looking to do leaf spring. I have one I found for $5900, but I'm trying not to drive 2 hours and pay full price. Really thought someone here would have one they know about in good shape.

I’ve had several enclosed car haulers over the last ~20 years. Torsion, leaf spring, 3500#, 5200#, 20’ to 28’. My current trailer is a newer Pace 20’ with 3500# axles and leaf springs. Tows just like my last one which was a 20’ with 5200# torsion. I really can’t tell the difference empty or full. Regular maintenance keeps everything like new, and I’ve never had an issue with any combination of setup. The one thing they all have in common is the front cap cracking (if it has one) and roof leaks (when they get older). I solved the cap cracking by purchasing trailers without that cap. The roof leak issues came down to keeping the top sealed and protected from the elements in storage. I’ve got covered storage and use a trailer cover in the winter for extra protection.

I bought the current Pace trailer at Rocks trailer sales with two spare tires for ~$5800 (ish) out the door. Good luck with your search!

$5800ish is around the range I have seen as well for a decked out dual 5200# 8.5 X 20. Longer ones aren't much more expensive, but I have little need for more than 20'.

STi is gone. I bought a monster truck and a toy to go in the trailer for the cost of the STi. It would seem the more room the better for a trailer, and I'm leaning toward 24'. Plus, if I want to take a trip and not drive the FD all the way there, but drive it when I get there, I'll have room.

Thanks for posting the Grovecity place. Likely, I will hit that and make something happen. They seem to have a lot of inventory.

Wagner, damn you. Now I'm ging to be on that site all night. If there deal I was looking for was closer, that site is gold. Time is not on my side and the distance hurts the deals.

Thanks for the info posted.

Well shoot what kind of monster truck did you buy?

I didn't want to go diesel, but still didn't want to find myself wishing I had more power to pull. Silverado's had a 8.1L gas truck as an option from 2001-2006. I searched for two months and found a crew cab with a 8' bed and very little rust.

http://www.duramaxhub.com/gas/gm-8.1-vortec-l18.html

I didn't want to go diesel, but still didn't want to find myself wishing I had more power to pull. Silverado's had a 8.1L gas truck as an option from 2001-2006. I searched for two months and found a crew cab with a 8' bed and very little rust.

http://www.duramaxhub.com/gas/gm-8.1-vortec-l18.html

I love my 8.1 in the Avalanche. Even with the trailer it will pass everything except a gas station. Keep a couple quarts of oil in the toolbox, they all burn a little.

STi is gone. I bought a monster truck and a toy to go in the trailer for the cost of the STi. It would seem the more room the better for a trailer, and I'm leaning toward 24'. Plus, if I want to take a trip and not drive the FD all the way there, but drive it when I get there, I'll have room.

Thanks for posting the Grovecity place. Likely, I will hit that and make something happen. They seem to have a lot of inventory.

Wagner, damn you. Now I'm ging to be on that site all night. If there deal I was looking for was closer, that site is gold. Time is not on my side and the distance hurts the deals.

Thanks for the info posted.

Racing junk is the devil, it will eat hours of your time even when you're not looking to buy because of all the cool stuff on there.