LSx alternator (s)

STEVE-O

So in trying to move my alternator to the top passenger side I have bought a relocation bracket from ict, the first alternator I had I thought to be a truck 130 amp didn’t not fit as it is suppose to be used with 105amp. So I did just that got a 105 amp alternator from a truck and it did not fit either.

Does anyone know of the ls1 fbody alternator is different as well than the previous 2 I have tried?

Might be a different pulley that is attached too. Does the pulley have a "spacer" between the alt housing and the pulley itself on the ones you are looking at?

Does not , so I ordered one that said ls1 water pump and 105amp alternator but didn’t say anything about power steering pump ,

So I decided to order the one that says ls1 water and power steering pump from jegs now to see if that works.

First bracket I ordered was 551587-3 and now I ordered 551498-3 hopefully some combination of these parts works. Can’t believe it is that hard honestly

An f-body and a truck have very similar cases. The only difference is the back half, I beleive the truck is deeper. I know the little bracket on the back that an f-body uses doesn't work on a truck alternator, so when people put the truck alt in a factory f-body it's just mounted by the front 2 holes.

An f-body and a truck have very similar cases. The only difference is the back half, I beleive the truck is deeper. I know the little bracket on the back that an f-body uses doesn't work on a truck alternator, so when people put the truck alt in a factory f-body it's just mounted by the front 2 holes.

the back plastic case from one that has a vent style I removed but didn’t sit right, the other case could stay it was low slimmer profile but fit the same way on the bracket setup, both use 2 mounting bolts through the front.

I’m hoping this new bracket I ordered will solve the problem it’s $100 more but I just need whatever will work don’t really care about the price. It’s being dropped shipped so should be here by Wednesday and we shall see. If this new bracket doesn’t work back to square one and continue to search I suppose.

Sounds like you have a truck relocation bracket, which would be about 1” out from the f body

That is what I believe is to what happened, the original guy told me if running a truck alt with ls1 water pump that is what I needed, I feel like the bracket is only for truck accessories so I ordered the other bracket that hopefully will be correct, but All 4 jegs carries say truck style