I have a problem

Lauren

I scored this Range Rover Classic today. These things are going up in value like crazy at the moment. A local one just sold for 43k.

This thing is CLEAN. No rust at all. Motor started right up and it drives nice. It needs brakes but this isn't an issue and it needs a serious cleaning. Best of all. A one owner with 100k miles. I took my middle girl who is totally a car person like me and she loved it. I've wanted another rover and now I have one. Frame is solid and set up tow so I needed a off road vehicle so I can get a boat this year. I'm so stoked about this. My car collection is finally where I want it to be. a7c34fc1bed693b7531da1b3dac0ef14.jpge98f67ae6b3efe096b27a14d3dafd68b.jpg60dfb380c22f639123c21f4cf6dc40b7.jpg5b0129ea146ff37e2c7ac3f57cd76ed3.jpg82383993f4068a0870aa8bca325a5975.jpgf73477d066095d88a965c1733fb2167a.jpg36028befde0ca0765483cf54df5065a8.jpg9a0b97a0e8d7a2308484276771462b56.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I hope models in that condition are not selling for 43k

One had 52K miles and one had 34K miles that sold for over $40K 1994 and 1995 model years. That is what Bringatrailer shows.

Edit: The higher mileage one was a Tom Walkinshaw Racing edition as well.......

I have a problem

yes, you bought a 30 year old British luxury car.

Kidding aside, nice score. I love these old range rovers, I'm still holding out for finding a reasonable 2 door in stick (yes they made them, and no they didn't import them here).

$750?? What’s wrong with it?

The guy had no idea what he had number one. It fires right up and drives. It need a new abs pump and it needs an alternator belt. After that I'll do full fluids flush and refill. Other then that its solid.

My plan for this is basic.

Remove safari grill

Rewrwp headliner in suede.

Install ome 2" lift springs

New abs pump and alternator belt

Install modern speakers and Bluetooth head unit

Flush fluids.

Full interior detail

Install new exterior driver door handle.

List it on being a trailer

It's really not a problem if you get a not-too-rusty Range Rover for less than $1000 that runs and drives.

I used to lust after Old Man Emu springs back when I had my Suzuki Samurai. Looking forward to the build pics.

The guy had no idea what he had number one. It fires right up and drives. It need a new abs pump and it needs an alternator belt. After that I'll do full fluids flush and refill. Other then that its solid.

My plan for this is basic.

Remove safari grill

Rewrwp headliner in suede.

Install ome 2" lift springs

New abs pump and alternator belt

Install modern speakers and Bluetooth head unit

Flush fluids.

Full interior detail

Install new exterior driver door handle.

List it on being a trailer

I wonder if the people looking to pay decent money for these things want a 2" lift and bumping stereo? If the eventual plan is to sell it for stupid money - keep it all stock and make sure it all works, and make sure you get all the documentation, put it in a binder, and keep records of what you replace as well.