WTB: Truck

Zx2guy19

Looking for a "nice" work truck. A few requirements:

4x4

V8

Not completely rusted the hell out (rules out most Silverado's)

Prefer something with power windows/locks/etc.

At least 4 door extended cab...no 2 seaters.

Prefer 6 ft+ bed

I have found a few F150's that seem to fit my bill, both are 150-160k miles. I will only drive it 3-5k miles a year so not really worried about mileage (unless it has like 350k)

Trying to stay within 5-7k. Anyone have something that fits the bill before I pull the trigger on one of these others?

You could check out Ironplanet.com

Auctioned work trucks. As with any auction some are better than others but they have all sorts of stuff on there. Have seen a handful of Ecoboost f150's on there for a decent price. Some Chevy's, some absolute beaters of course.

You could check out Ironplanet.com

Auctioned work trucks. As with any auction some are better than others but they have all sorts of stuff on there. Have seen a handful of Ecoboost f150's on there for a decent price. Some Chevy's, some absolute beaters of course.

Bro. Wtf is this site? It's actually really cool! Not sure I have the time to buy one on here now, but I've been looking for a dump truck for my rentals. This may do the trick in the future. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
lol

can you drive a dump truck with a normal license?

As long as it does not have air brakes then yes

Steve's right...air brakes are one of 2 factors. The other is a GVWR of less than like 26,000 lbs. This one is like 16,500.

Going to pick it up Tuesday in Evansville, IN...it's definitely a smaller dump truck, but for $2800, it'll pay for itself in 1 house.

holy shit you really did buy a dump truck?

That website is interesting to browse but i've never purchased anything from it.

It couldnt have happened...there are no pictures!

Spoke with him yesterday , he was out of state. Came back then left at like 5:00am to go get it, got back in the evening and left again this morning for a few days or of state for work lol

Fwiw said the dump truck was actually in really good shape for the money and made it the 6+ hour drive back without a hiccup

be careful of F-150's... I had a '99 with under 100k miles and it rusted from the inside out (talking radiator core support rusted through and I had to zip tie the radiator to the jack that was mounted in the engine bay.

be careful of F-150's... I had a '99 with under 100k miles and it rusted from the inside out (talking radiator core support rusted through and I had to zip tie the radiator to the jack that was mounted in the engine bay.

For sure and the bed rails ,cab corners and rockers rust out of the 04+ ones as well, on top of the 5.4 issues

Had a '98 F150 I got from Jordan. Sold it at 6 miles shy of 300k with the 4.6L and only a bit of surface rust on the rear door. Moral of the story? Buy from Jordan. He'll guarantee rust prevention....maybe. :ninja:

Picked up the dump truck on Tuesday. Drove 6 hours each way to basically St. Louis. My business partner lost the Rock Paper Scissors and had to drive that bitch back with no AC or radio. It’s 1991 7.3L powerstroke with an 8 ft bed. It’s definitely not big but plenty for what we need. Only paid $2600 and I spent nearly $5k in the last year on dumpsters, so it’ll pay for itself pretty quick. Pics soon.

Still looking for a regular truck