El Chapo' in the 9s

coltboostin

Surprising day at Test and Tune yesterday. With the Gt42, if you miss a shift the pass is effectively over. Since it didn't want to shift into second over 7500, I decided to try short shifting 2nd gear to get it in and was surprised with the result!

IMG_20180525_225916952-X2.jpg

Short shifting the car caused it to take 5.2 seconds from launch to see 30+psi

Lots of room for improvement basically everywhere. As it stands, it would probably go faster with the smaller turbo as the car sits. Would have been really interesting to see what the 67mm would have done with the 26's

More to come.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wow, a 9.7 pass with a 1.7 60 ft - that thing must pull like a freight train once in boost. Like fast and furious NOS special effects except real and made with compressed air.

Awesome seeing you and the car at Cars & Coffee. I was surprised at both the presence the car commanded and the mix of really amazing craftsmanship (like your roll cage) and janky zip ties. That thing drew a crowd.

Jp can I swing from your nutz

It'll cost you some brisket! ;)

Thanks all! Trying to make the SlomoTrack Day July 8th- but Ill be coming back form out of town so we will just have to see how things shake out

Edited by coltboostin

wow, a 9.7 pass with a 1.7 60 ft - that thing must pull like a freight train once in boost. Like fast and furious NOS special effects except real and made with compressed air.

Awesome seeing you and the car at Cars & Coffee. I was surprised at both the presence the car commanded and the mix of really amazing craftsmanship (like your roll cage) and janky zip ties. That thing drew a crowd.

Thanks! Yeah it pulls good for sure :) I think a full pass with a good 1-2 shift in boost would tickle 160mph with no other changes. It would porb go mid 160s auto.

And yes CnC was fun. We stayed at Mikeys and decoded to cruise when they canceled roll racing and delayed the start. Glad we did! We had a great/fun first half of the day.

EDIT : That's July 8th ;)

fixed!