Matt Damon will play Carroll Shelby in a movie on Ford's battle against Ferrari.

SpaceGhost

http://autoweek.com/article/car-life/matt-damon-will-play-carroll-shelby-upcoming-movie

CHRISTIAN BALE AND JON BERNTHAL WILL ALSO STAR IN THE UPCOMING UNTITLED FILM

June 20, 2018

Ford’s classic battle against Ferrari will finally get the major motion picture treatment with Matt Damon positioned to play Carroll Shelby. Some might remember rumblings of this movie getting made in 2013 with Tom Cruise taking Shelby’s spot, but movie making sometimes isn’t exactly a seamless process.

“Logan” director James Mangold is currently tapped to direct the currently untitled Ford versus Ferrari biopic. Mangold isn’t the only superhero star to cross over to reality -- Christian Bale, of “Batman” fame, and Jon Bernthal from “The Punisher” TV series will also be involved. Bale will play racer and GT40 test driver Ken Miles, with Bernthal playing Lee Iacocca.

The screenplay was originally based on A.J. Baime’s book “Go Like Hell,” but, like the movie’s stars, that has changed. Now, the screenplay will be penned by Jez and John-Henry Butterworth, with different source material. According to Variety, Baime’s book will still see life as a TV series.

We’re curious how this will pan out -- it seems to be full of A-List talent and in capable hands. Until it hits theaters, you can brush up on your Ford and Ferrari history by reading Baime’s book, or by watching “The 24 Hour War.”

Wesley Wren

I’m a bit of a Ford fan, My Uncle has worked for Ford for his entire life, my Grandparents only bought ford vehicles, my Grandfather was forced to retire from LOF in Toledo (Dude was still working in his 70s and didn’t want to stop), LOF is the plant that made glass for Ford. I have been a Ford employee twice in my life. And now I finally own a Pony. I absolutely love the GT, and we are trying to plan to take my father in law to LeMans next year as he’s getting up there in years and wants go well before you know....

There's already a great documentary on this on Netflix. Looking forward to the movie though.

You mean the “24 hr war” that was mentioned in the article? :gabe:

I just checked, 24 Hour War is not on Netflix, but it is available with Amazon Prime. Added to my watchlist. Thanks!