Cell Phone Repair

DavidBaustert

Theres a million places that will do it, I've personally used Ubreakifix on Bethel Rd across from Micro Center

+1, I've used this exact same store twice now - once for a screen repair on my iphone and one on my iPad. Fast turn around and great work both times. Also 1/3-1/4 of the price of micro center or the AT&T store.

I was quoted $140 with my protection plan from sprint for a screen glass only replacement. Apparently they need to freeze the glue to get it to separate it from the glass, then re apply the glue and new glass and cure under UV light. U Break I fix quoted me $229 as an estimate. Damn curved glass!

I did my own galaxy S5 repair. Cost me around $10 for a new glass, but it took several hours to replace using a heat gun to melt the glue and lift the pieces of glass from the LCD without damaging it. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who isn't confident, skilled, and very patient. Looking back it would would have been worth it to replace the entire display assembly for about $40.

In for what you find is cheapest. I am in a similar boat. Will be due for an update towards the end of the year (Galaxy s7+) right now. If its only like $50 then I will keep what I got, but if it is over $100 I would be better to just pay off what I owe early and upgrade.

I've replaced screens on phones a couple times myself. It's getting harder and harder to do it yourself. It's at the point where parts cost nearly as much as just having it done professionally, plus you should some kind of warranty on the work.

That being said...the S8 plus doesn't look too difficult, but I do get nervous when it comes to glued on screens.