Tolles Second Annual Car and Craft show 10/6/2018

Richard Cranium

I'm still waiting on my advertising folks to get the lead out and get me materials, but I wanted to put the date out there so people can start making plans. The date for this years show will be October 6th. I believe the plan going forward will be the first Saturday in October. I just noticed this almost conflicts with Colo's classic, but we missed that one by a day.

Again this year I will be looking for judges, sponsors, attendees, etc...

Please consider judging. I try and make it as simple as possible. No paper forms. All on your smart phone. Scan the cars QR code and pop in your scores. Clay seemed to like the process a lot last year in comparison to what we've used at the Arthritis foundation show.

If you have a business and would be interested in being a sponsor please let me know. We can offer several levels of sponsorship, and we can even offer you a spot in the car lot if you would like a presence at the show. The proceeds go to supporting our student clubs.

• 4 weeks later...

Pre-registration is up.

https://carshowpro.com/event/241

This year the cost is $12 if you preregister $15 the day of show.

Gates open at 8:00

Registration 8:00 to 11:00

Judging 11:00 to 2:00

Awards at 2:00

We will be having a craft show going on as well inside the school.

Pre-registration is up.

https://carshowpro.com/event/241

This year the cost is $12 if you preregister $15 the day of show.

Gates open at 8:00

Registration 8:00 to 11:00

Judging 11:00 to 2:00

Awards at 2:00

We will be having a craft show going on as well inside the school.

For some reason this link doesn't work for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We're less than 2 weeks out. I am looking for judges if anyone is available. The more we have the easier the job is. The job isn't glamorous, but it's not hard. The dash cards will have a QR code on them, all you need to do is find the cars in the lot, scan the QR code, put in the scores and move on. Most scores are based on cleanliness, but a large portion of the score is in "cool factor" points. So you as a judge get a lot of leeway in how a car does. Judges meeting at 10:00 to make sure everyone knows how to use the software. I'll pair up newbies with experienced judges, or the older guys without smart phones. Judging has to be done by about 1:00 - 1:30 so we can be ready to do awards by 2:00. So it's not a long commitment.

If this happens I’ll actually commit to going, I’ll only bail if it rains. How many of you will actually go?

Think last year I reserved 6 or 7 cars wide by 2 deep spots for CR right in the middle of the lot. I would do it for any club coming out if they ask, just nobody else has.

Can I enter my car and still be a judge?

Yes, just can't judge that class.

Rick, I can judge. Just keep this thread updated with instructions or text me. :thumbup:

Will do. I appreciate it. Plan for a judges meeting at 10:00 to make sure I get everyone up to speed on the software. We'll start judging at 11:00 and be done by 1:00ish hopefully.

I should be there if it doesn't rain.

We've ordered good weather with no rain, so as long as the requisition gets approved it will be great.

• 2 weeks later...