New Water Heater and Install

Prodeje79

I've reached out to Ray Hughes, but I know he is a busy guy. I want to have a backup plan just in case.

I've managed to repair my current unit a couple times. It is currently still working fine, but it is the original from 2001 or so. I just want to plan ahead and get this thing replaced before we have any issues.

FYI there is an electric water heater too that appears to have never been hooked up, it has a post-it on it labeled "habitat" I assume prior owner had planned to donate it, but never did. Therefore I need two heaters removed.

We currently have a 50 gallon gas AO Smith. I am thinking to stay 50 gallon gas and want to get the longest warranty, 12 years I think. It is a power vented one with a blower unit on top. I am sure I can go tall or short with plenty of room around it.

I've searched around a little bit at Lowes, Home Depot, Menards, and Worly Plumbing Supply. it looks likes most are $600-$1000. In general looks like install has a wide range from $300-1000.

Any additional referrals or ideas welcomed!

Thanks!

EDIT: After some reading, seems I could just get a 6 year heater without issue.

Edited by Prodeje79