College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McShay has Bosa going #1 in the draft, the rumor I hear though is that Haskins will be in the 2019 draft as well.

I dont think Haskins is anywhere near a decision. The game he had against Penn State showed too many weaknesses in his game for the pros right now. He will have to show out against MSU, Michigan, and postseason in order to go. If OSU still has to run screens and he gets crazy rattled under any type of pressure again, I think his stock will drop low enough as a project that he comes back

How you guys let Lauren scoop you like that when he isn't even a fan of your school is beyond me. Haskins is out like a fat kid in dodgeball.

Proooobably,

but I do follow a lot of scouting as much as I can, and another game like Penn State and his stock is going to drop considerably by most accounts.

I think Haskins is almost a for sure thing to be gone. I agree he has had issues when facing pressure. He certainly is not a finished product but I'm sure what NFL scouts are seeing is a guy with every tool needed to be a successful NFL QB with a few areas in need of improvement that are very coachable. One is rushing throws when forced out of the pocket. Many times in the Penn State game, Haskins was forced out of the pocket and had plenty of time to set his feet and make a good throw but hurried and threw flat footed making a bad pass. That's a correctable issue that an NFL coach can fix rather quickly I think. We will see. I'd love to have Haskins back another year, but I think it's wishful thinking on our part.

How you guys let Lauren scoop you like that when he isn't even a fan of your school is beyond me. Haskins is out like a fat kid in dodgeball.

To be fair 4 of my closest and biggest clients are pretty big alum at OSU. We talk football all the tine. They are in the know with osu football thats for sure.

The squad is going to be in serious rebuild mode next year is the impression I get.

Tate Martell Rush Left for 3 yards

Tate Martell Right Right for 3 yards

Tate Martell incomplete pass to Ben Victor

Drue Chrisman punts for 53 yards

There, 2019 in a nutshell

Tate Martell Rush Left for 3 yards

Tate Martell Right Right for 3 yards

Tate Martell incomplete pass to Ben Victor

Drue Chrisman punts for 53 yards

There, 2019 in a nutshell

:lol: Tress is back!

I'd say we're partially "rebuilding" this year, but next year will be a tough one as well. With Bosa gone and Haskins (I agree with DJ. If he stays I'd be shocked.) leaving we'll have to have the others step up. The good news is the young guys making errors this year should have things ironed out next year.

Exactly. "We're a 2nd half team." I get tired of relying on that. :lol:

No shit. I'm getting tired of being just good enough to keep skirting by, making it close to the final 4, yet knowing you're we're probably gonna get smoked at some point.

Fucking Alabama hung 21 points on TN today in like 4 minutes. Dammit OSU, do shit like that.