College Football Thread: Version 2018

Bigbird

I think Michigan wins out. Their defense is ridiculous. I think they make the playoff this year. I hope I’m wrong but I don’t think so

I could see that happening. Never would have guessed it preseason. Again, we'll see.

If they win out and make it to the playoffs it could get real ugly for them. I don't think they're quite NC caliber.

• Replies 875
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could see that happening. Never would have guessed it preseason. Again, we'll see.

If they win out and make it to the playoffs it could get real ugly for them. I don't think they're quite NC caliber.

I don’t think so either but I think the only team that would legitimately embarrass them is Alabama. I think they could hang with and/or beat anyone else. Them and LSU are eerily similar. I think Bama could get punched in the mouth by LSU’s defense. The difference is, Alabama shows up ready to play every game where as we, well look at last night, last year against Iowa and the year before against Clemson

Painful game to watch. Defense needs to learn how to tackle—at least one of the touchdowns they just flat-out gave up. They had what? 10-15 downs that were goal-to-go, and got 6 points total? A fair amount of that falls on the coach’s shoulders. The whole big 10 is suspect. Michigan looks good, but their offense is average. Osu needed a wake up call, I don’t know if they’ve played top 5 level football this year with any of their games.

Come on guys, last night game was a give away game. It for a dying man last wish. tOSU will be just fine after the bye week. tOSU will weasel our way into the playoffs.

Shit I hope not. Unless they change just about everything besides Haskins and a few receivers

I think what worries me the most about this team and moving forward is that this year feels different than most. I feel like every year under Meyer we did to get better as the year goes on. You sort of see the team begin gelling. This team seems to be getting worse every game. Every week we say, we just need to tackle or we just need to run block or our DBs need to stop committing pass interference. Well, it seems like every issue gets worse every week. Haskins has masked the issues we have with great QB play. I think the MSU game is going to be a dog fight and I think we probably get embarrassed against Michigan. Hell, Nebraska might beat us after our bye week.

I think Urban is pissed about getting thrown under the bus at the beginning of the season and has stopped coaching. I think there's more problems there than we are aware of, and Bosa withdrew because he does not want to be any part of it. It feels like Urban is trying to make the university fire him at the end of the season so that he can get his payout. Even if they don't fire him, I bet he walks. He does not act like he wants to be there. Get ready to welcome Ryan Day as the new head coach next season.

I think Urban is pissed about getting thrown under the bus at the beginning of the season and has stopped coaching. I think there's more problems there than we are aware of, and Bosa withdrew because he does not want to be any part of it. It feels like Urban is trying to make the university fire him at the end of the season so that he can get his payout. Even if they don't fire him, I bet he walks. He does not act like he wants to be there. Get ready to welcome Ryan Day as the new head coach next season.

I don’t think that’s the case. I think you’re partially correct that Meter is pushed but I don’t think he stopped coaching. I don’t think he handles stress as well as other great coaches. Look at Saban for example. His demeanor never seems to change. Urban also enjoys winning much more than Saban I think. Saban will win a NC and already be thinking about everything they did wrong even in a win. I wouldn’t want either life but I think Urban gets too stressed and it effects his ability to coach. I’d welcome Ryan Day though. I think he will be great. I could see Urban stepping down after this year though. That wouldn’t shock me.

He wasn't thrown under any bus. He may feel that way, but the way he handled Zach Smith as a general employee would have gotten 99% of people in America fired 3x over.

Yup. This is what I just said above. I hadn't even read anything today. It's just very noticeable. The decline of OSU football has begun.

Eh oh well. IMO CJ Saunders is just as good. I’ve never seen the kid drop a pass

Urban leaving after this year is not too far fetched. A close friend with the Meyers family told me that when Urban got the job at tOSU, his wife gave him a five years term. This is the fifth year.

This is his 7th season bro