Any of you have Bunions?

Zx2guy19

Strange, I know. But at 28, I've got a really gnarly bunyon on my left foot that's been causing me some serious pain. Went and got it checked out today and they're recommending surgery.

Basically, they said I can treat it where it won't get worse, but there's nothing I can do to make it "better". Knowing that I may not have health insurance/disability pay at my job forever (once I become a real estate agent I lose that), I'm thinking about just going for it now rather than wait for it to get worse.

Anyone had the procedure done? Apparently, there's a new one that's significantly better than the "old way"...outpatient, can walk in a boot in a week, and can be back to normal in 4 weeks.

I definitely wish I had that Bunion, ha!

Me too. It looks delicious.

Get the surgery now. Don't procrastinate. I had hernia surgery this morning and literally everyone said I did the right thing by getting it all set up and handled soon as I realized it even though it wasn't causing me major pain.

Future you will thank yourself. Take advantage of the benefits.

My dad late in his life gave me some advise. He said people will tell you to eat right and things like that but what they don't tell you to do is take care of your feet. He had alot of pain walking late in life because of his feet. Made sense.

My dad late in his life gave me some advise. He said people will tell you to eat right and things like that but what they don't tell you to do is take care of your feet. He had alot of pain walking late in life because of his feet. Made sense.

I learned to take care of my feet from Lt. Dan. Dry socks. OD green.

Went to the gym this morning and did some treadmill work after weights and my foot felt totally fine- was kind of excited.

Got out of the shower and it's like fucking throbbing...I am facing the sad reality that I don't really have a choice but to get this done. :(

• 4 months later...
Getting this bitch done tomorrow. Nervous as hell, off work for 3 weeks and in a walking boot for 8 weeks. Wish me luck bros, hopefully I don't wake up with my foot attached to my forehead because it was the only way to save it.

Getting this bitch done tomorrow. Nervous as hell, off work for 3 weeks and in a walking boot for 8 weeks. Wish me luck bros, hopefully I don't wake up with my foot attached to my forehead because it was the only way to save it.

Friend of mine was JUST saying yesterday how his mother was having bunion surgery. Must be the time of year. Good luck!

There’s at least 100 different surgeries that can be done on a bunion. All have potential benefits and risks. Robert gorseline, and Jonathan feibel are two excellent foot and ankle surgeons in Columbus. Personally, I wouldn’t trust a podiatrist, but that’s just me

There’s at least 100 different surgeries that can be done on a bunion. All have potential benefits and risks. Robert gorseline, and Jonathan feibel are two excellent foot and ankle surgeons in Columbus. Personally, I wouldn’t trust a podiatrist, but that’s just me

Wish I saw this before my podiatrist fucked up my heel. Now I have a hard time walking.

For those not good enough to get into med school.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes- had it done this morning and wow, what a wild experience. I’ve never had surgery before so this was crazy to me. The procedure was supposed to take 135 minutes but because mine was so bad it took close to 4 hours. They had to realign my big toe twice. On the couch now and still can’t feel my leg. I suppose that’s a good thing.

Thanks for the advice- I saw it a little too late haha. I actually went with Dr. Koplanski. Supposedly the guy is the best in the business. I had Lapiplasty done, which I’m sure you know is a new procedure. They’re saying I can walk in a boot on Monday.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes- had it done this morning and wow, what a wild experience. I’ve never had surgery before so this was crazy to me. The procedure was supposed to take 135 minutes but because mine was so bad it took close to 4 hours. They had to realign my big toe twice. On the couch now and still can’t feel my leg. I suppose that’s a good thing.

Thanks for the advice- I saw it a little too late haha. I actually went with Dr. Koplanski. Supposedly the guy is the best in the business. I had Lapiplasty done, which I’m sure you know is a new procedure. They’re saying I can walk in a boot on Monday.

Good luck with your recovery. Can’t imagine working on a toe for 4 hours though.

Most bunyons are hereditary. My mom has them bad and so does my sister and aunt. It’s also more prone to be painful if you have flat feet, which I do to the extreme.

Yesterday may have been one of the worst days of my life. Much better today, but holy fuck, the pain yesterday was unbelievable.