WTB: Cherokee XJ

zeitgeist57

My friend's wife wants to secretly buy him an XJ Cherokee for his birthday, as he's not a gearhead but he loves Jeeps (85 CJ, 2014 Grand Cherokee) and the XJ is a "dream car" of his.

She's hitting up AutoTrader and finding a couple of '99-'01s nearby for around $5-6k.

Anyone have a streetable XJ or know of one for sale? This would not be modded or off-roaded. Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads-up! Looks super clean. I see the FB Marketplace ad for that Jeep for $5,800...where did you find it for $3,900 in that screen shot above?

EDIT: I sent the link to her and she said she thought that sold the other day on eBay???

FWIW, can you at least try and find him a manual XJ? Although the Jeeps used some variation of the tough as nails Chrysler 904 trans (itself a 727 torque-flight derivative) , they are literally the most boring pedestrian things to drive and they shift so lazy you think you left it at home on the sofa watching soap operas.

If you can find a 2000 or 2001 stick it will be an NV3550, 1988-1999 it's an AX15. Both are excellent manual transmissions and way more fun than a mush box automatic.

Thanks for the heads-up! Looks super clean. I see the FB Marketplace ad for that Jeep for $5,800...where did you find it for $3,900 in that screen shot above?

EDIT: I sent the link to her and she said she thought that sold the other day on eBay???

They have it listed through our auctions platform so only dealers can see this but it looks like it's still actually at their location in Stow so she could probably call them and get the deal done directly through them.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Thank you. Forwarded to my friend.

Clay, how does your friend like the '14 GC? Does it have a V6 or a V8?

It's a pretty loaded V8. It's plush...I'm not an SUV guy but I get why people love these.

Clay, how does your friend like the '14 GC? Does it have a V6 or a V8?

We have a V6 '15 Overland, the perfect size auto for everything we do. Hauling hockey bags, going on road trips, camping, everything.

Acceleration isn't the greatest but it gets the job done, and its a really comfortable drive.