Who has shot a 10mm??

Mace1647545504

I'm looking at possibly buying a 10mm full size weapon. I know it's related to the 40.

Who here has shot a 10mm and how does it compare to a 40/45 or even a 44mag.

I've shot the calibers above with the 44 being an SOB out of a 4 inch barrel.

Thanks for the info

If only there were a section to discuss firearms where you weren't looking to buy or sell...

Kidding. I have shot one once. To me it was more akin to a 40/45. Much different than a 44mag. You'd be fine.

Go rent one. They're not bad at all IMO. I don't want one for the sole fact that it'd be the only thing in that caliber and I typically don't see the ammo readily avail near me.

If only there were a section to discuss firearms where you weren't looking to buy or sell...

Kidding. I have shot one once. To me it was more akin to a 40/45. Much different than a 44mag. You'd be fine.

Go rent one. They're not bad at all IMO. I don't want one for the sole fact that it'd be the only thing in that caliber and I typically don't see the ammo readily avail near me.

Yeah I know.. I'm one of those who like to ask a lot of questions before I buy.

I'm thinking the same way...it's a bit of a weird caliber and would be the only one I have..thanks for the reply

I looked and did see larry anywhere...lol

Yes, I have a 45 and 9 in RIA..really nice weapons

Thanks for the heads up

I'd love to but I've just had shoulder surgery and can barely pick my right arm up as we speak...well type.

I'm looking at long term and shooting it 3-4 months down the road.

Springfield has a deal on them right now that's what started my asking about them,and I've seen a few RIAs on armslist

10mm is very manageable. I have a Glock 20 set up as a my back packing "bear" gun. Even with the very very hot bear loads it's not bad.

I recently bought a S&W 329PD (44mag) for backcountry hunting trips out West. It's a dream to carry (that's it's entire purpose) at only 25oz., but MY GOD, is it awful to actually shoot. I didn't have time to cook up any handloads before my last trip to Idaho, so I just bought some HSM 305gr +p hardcasts.

And I don't consider myself to be recoil sensitive in the least.

Fuck. That. Noise. :dumb:

Of note, I bought the 329 to replace my G20 for my backcountry sidearm because the G20 weighs a ton and sucked to carry with a frame pack on. I sure do pay for that weight savings, though.