TPMS override/de-activation?

zeitgeist57

I need to get 4 new tires for my 2007 CTS-V. It's been a while on the existing rubber, and one of the TPMS sensors stopped displaying PSI. Not sure if it's still sending a signal? I'm surprised that there's no alert icon. It's just showing " - - - " for that tire.

Are TPMS sensors still pretty expensive? I've got a tire gauge and compressor...can I just override the system without triggering a dashboard warning light?

they probably have cheaper EZ sensors that will work for the caddy just check the frequency needed. Older GM wont flash at you it will just read blank if the sensor is bad or has lost communication. IIRC the EZ sensor for yours should be under $40 and install SHOULD be free when you get the new tires put on

Just ran into this on my avalanche as well

they probably have cheaper EZ sensors that will work for the caddy just check the frequency needed. Older GM wont flash at you it will just read blank if the sensor is bad or has lost communication. IIRC the EZ sensor for yours should be under $40 and install SHOULD be free when you get the new tires put on

Just ran into this on my avalanche as well

this

Try this. Take out all TPMS sensors and don't let the car sense them (wrap them in aluminum foil or any metal enclosure). Drive for 50 miles without stopping.

However, TPMS sensors are much cheaper nowadays.

What is that supposed to do? Make a troll laugh? Put the damn tin foil on your head.

The system would see that as some kind of a validation that the car drove just fine without the existence of TPMS sensors. The method works on C6 too, allowing the stability control to be turned off in the absence of TPMS sensors.

Foil on my head would have done nothing regardless of material.

• 4 months later...

Despite my cheap-ness, apparently TPMS sensors are needed on 1g CTS-V's to manage traction control and "Competitive Driving Mode", which I didn't even know I had. :lol: (50% yaw stability control to slide a lot more, and TC off).

TPMS sensors are going with the new tires tomorrow. Getting her ready for CR Race Warz in May. :burn:

Bought 4 for my sierra from amazon for $70..bought the programming tool for $15 and had them all installed for $50, then sold the tool to the garage for $10

Yeah, called Mr. Tire by my house...dude be like "TPMS sensors are $100/ea through me." I said "NOPE! I'll grab some through Amazon and give them to you guys." :lol: He was totally fine with that.

Looks like I'll be boopity-beep-bopping the TPMS sensors myself. Shaun, you've got a message coming your way.

You COULD say that, for a job I can do myself...

(•_•)

( •_•)>⌐■-■

I'm TIREd of paying too much to have someone else do it.

(⌐■_■)

YYYYYYYEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH