Political dumpster fire Part III Greg and Kerry Vs CR

zeitgeist57

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a stern admonition. I'm sure he'll stop now.

People actually need to not vote for this clown next time around. "Yes, Trump lies, but all politicians lie, what do you expect?" BS, not all politicians say wind generators give you cancer, this is extreme. "I don't like that he lies, but I can't vote for a Democrat." Aggghhh then we're fucked as a country because we clearly have no minimum standards other than party affiliation.

Do the democrats have anyone worth mentioning yet for 2020? The wrong mentality, I'm voting for ANYONE other than Trump in 2020 because ORANGE MAN BAD!!! Okay, who are you voting for and why? How do you know the democratic nominee will be any better? What are their policies?

Every Democrat who's thrown their hat in the ring so far is more of a functioning adult human than Trump, so it's a no-brainer. I mean it's like Wags said, it's funny when your grandpa believes dumb shit like windmills causing cancer but it's not funny when someone who is so ill informed and gullible has access to the nuclear codes. Someone who makes decisions based on nonsense should concern everyone, even if you agree with those decisions.

So I'll grant you that if one of these celebrity dipshits like Kanye or Mark Cuban or Oprah gets the nod, I'll think real hard about voting for Trump.

Do the democrats have anyone worth mentioning yet for 2020? The wrong mentality, I'm voting for ANYONE other than Trump in 2020 because ORANGE MAN BAD!!! Okay, who are you voting for and why? How do you know the democratic nominee will be any better? What are their policies?

It's an election cycle, not baseball: I'll pay more attention "in the Playoffs" as it were when the field is vetting out a few candidates to go against Trump.

I do like Biden and Buttigieg <<<that dude is fascinating but I wonder if America is ready for an openly gay president. Also, rough last name, dude.

The creepy Biden thing is odd but after Clinton and Trump, nothing surprises me anymore.

It's an election cycle, not baseball: I'll pay more attention "in the Playoffs" as it were when the field is vetting out a few candidates to go against Trump.

I do like Biden and Buttigieg <<<that dude is fascinating but I wonder if America is ready for an openly gay president. Also, rough last name, dude.

The creepy Biden thing is odd but after Clinton and Trump, nothing surprises me anymore.

The Biden thing is just looking for scraps, and making whatever they can about some admittedly questionable behavior that even it's victims agree wasn't sexual.

I have a hard time listening to anybody complain about it or try grabbing some form of moral high ground when they brushed aside admitted on tape sexual assault confession by our sitting president.

Biden is a tough call for me:

Positives:

- "Salt of the Earth" background. His father was a used car salesman. He came from a poor to lower middle class background and didn't become wealthy till after he started service in Congress

(by inheriting his first wife's estate after she passed in a car accident, not through corruption).

- Strong history of domestic violence legislation

- history of supporting banking regulation

- History of balance budget reforms and working to eliminate deficit

- seasoned veteran of congress.

- Very much a "let the results of a program speak for the program" congressperson. If the data doesn't support it, he will cross party lines to do the right thing.

Negatives:

- His participation in the Clarence Thomas/Anita Hill hearing still sticks in my craw. Recently even he admitted he made a mistake in that.

- Old guard "tough on crime" proponent. He has since changed his opinion, but every once in a while his old favoritism toward law enforcement over the community comes out.

- had some pretty terrible opinions on school desegregation in the 70's. I'm willing to concede he has reformed his opinion since then but this is the kind of stuff that I am getting sick of with old white dudes in politics.

- He already had his shot in 1988 where he withdrew his run because it came out that he was a terrible student that crammed hard and plagiarized some of his work. There are a whole field of new interesting, and exciting people running that have much different perspectives that we don't have to settle for someone's second attempt at president.

I like Joe Biden as a congressman, mostly. I'm glad his constituents liked him enough to continue voting for him for 30 years (in a state were gerrymandering isn't really a problem), I like that he does the right thing for the american people the majority of the time and I like that he is willing to evolve as the issues evolve. I just think he's better in the legislative branch than in the executive and he should stick to that.

http://press.foxnews.com/2019/04/fox-news-channel-to-host-a-town-hall-with-2020-democratic-presidential-candidate-senator-bernie-sanders-on-monday-april-15th/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosam&stream=top

Bernie's a front-runner at this point for the Dems. $28MM in the war chest raised already...that's a lot of bread to campaign on.

From the daily news email I receive that had this link above: Sanders said Friday on "The Daily Show": "It is important to distinguish Fox News from the many millions of people who watch Fox News. "I think it is important to say to those people: You know what? I know that many of you voted for Donald Trump, but he lied to you."

I've got two thoughts on the above and Bernie:

1) He's got a HUGE uphill battle on public perception.

2) I don't think many of Trump's supporters that stick with him because they want to be right about him as President...want to be reminded that he's lied to them on many occasions. Even if they realize this about Trump, they'll still stubbornly support him over a Democratic candidate (especially Bernie).

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/

if Bernie is the Dems go to, fucking LOL.

Trump lied? Did Obama lie? Did Bush lie? Did Clinton lie? Did Reagan lie? Can you come up with a better fucking argument? Every person on fucking earth lies. If you think some form of God himself is going to come down and become President, good fucking luck.

I'm okay with Trump losing in 2020 if it is to someone who can help continue to better our country. I think people need to understand the difference between "rooting for a politician or rooting against" like it's your favorite sports team or rival and rooting for our country. I think we all probably have similar goals in mind, just different ways of how to accomplish it. I don't think Bernie is the answer, but if the Dems think he's their best shot, good luck lmao.

Trump lied? Did Obama lie? Did Bush lie? Did Clinton lie? Did Reagan lie? Can you come up with a better fucking argument? Every person on fucking earth lies. If you think some form of God himself is going to come down and become President, good fucking luck.

To quote The great Henry Rollins: "Cynicism is intellectual Sloth"

You understand that among those politicians you listed, there isn't an equivalence, right? there is a difference between perspective, spin, and outright fabrication - and that pointing out that they "lied" is the reason to fact check their statements and research the issues and not just single handily be dismissive of all politicians just because they don't meet your specific fetish of how you view "truth".

The amount in which Trump has deceived the american public is unprecedented - it's more in both frequency, inaccuracy, and just sheer volume than has been seen before in any previous administration. So I don't think anybody is treating this like "he lied" like it's business as usual levels of spin in politics.

The argument you are refusing to acknowledge here is that Trump is very adept at exploiting people who have no interest in the "reality" of any situation that doesn't confirm their bias. It's not about trump's lying so much as a base that looks for bias confirmation of their personal beliefs in the face of evidence, and are unwilling to accept any proof to the contrary. This tactic isn't going to work for any Democrats looking to take on Trump.

I'm okay with Trump losing in 2020 if it is to someone who can help continue to better our country. I think people need to understand the difference between "rooting for a politician or rooting against" like it's your favorite sports team or rival and rooting for our country. I think we all probably have similar goals in mind, just different ways of how to accomplish it. I don't think Bernie is the answer, but if the Dems think he's their best shot, good luck lmao.

Bernie is too old. His shot was last election. His legacy however is that more and more in the field this year are talking about issues like wealth inequality, job obsolesce, and education costs. We will have to see how this shakes out in the primaries.

Quick Question: do you think Trump has actually "bettered our country"? In all metrics he seems to have done worse than his predecessor and it just doesn't look to be bearing out there is improvement. But if you think there is, I'm all ears as to what it is.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38663043

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/jan/18/donald-trump-two-years-five-key-policy-areas

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/09/trump-trumka-afl-cio-labor-day-15-ways-hurt-american-worker-populism.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/how-trump-has-set-economic-growth-on-fire.html

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/jobs-report-growth-unemployment/

I really don't any politician has improved out country since kennedy(race to the moon)

As far as lies a lie is a lie or are we now distinguishing ??

Also if bernie is too old so is biden..

Just curious...you don't consider any of the following an improvement?

(LBJ)

- Equal Civil Rights

- Equal Voting rights

- Equal Access to Housing

- Equality in public education

- Medicare/Medicade

- Food Stamps

- Americorps

- Federal Work Study

- the Job Corps

- Water quality standards

- air quality standards

- Consumer Product safety commission

- National Parks

- NASA

- The moon landing

(Nixon)

- Trade Relations with China

- Widespread Environmental conservation and Preservation (EPA)

(Carter)

- The department of energy (to limit energy crisis)

- expanded national park system

(Reagan)

- increased Tariffs

(Clinton)

- NAFTA

- Children's health insurance program

- Budget Surplus

none of these things are an improvement?

Cmom Kerry..don't start that "tough on crime crap"

The "community" hate the police until they need then

Stay tough of crime, that's why I carry when I can

The fact that this comment invites an explanation of the difference between personal security and criminal enforcement policy insults both of our intelligence. I can't tell if this is a joke or you really just don't know anything about the current problems in the criminal justice system.

What a shock the "community" hates an organization that has for 200 years enforced an highly socially and racially biased system that puts a significant number of innocent people in jail. Maybe if there wasn't a history of corruption hidden by the blue wall people would feel better about police.

You understand that among those politicians you listed, there isn't an equivalence, right? there is a difference between perspective, spin, and outright fabrication - and that pointing out that they "lied" is the reason to fact check their statements and research the issues and not just single handily be dismissive of all politicians just because they don't meet your specific fetish of how you view "truth".

The amount in which Trump has deceived the american public is unprecedented - it's more in both frequency, inaccuracy, and just sheer volume than has been seen before in any previous administration. So I don't think anybody is treating this like "he lied" like it's business as usual levels of spin in politics.

Sounds like you could replace Trump with media here. Lying as a politician is absolutely business as usual. Since we're quoting here, like the great Charles Barkley once said "Poor people have been voting democrat for 50 years and they're still poor." Democrats hold their hands out like they're some type of savior to buy votes from the weak in this country.

Quick Question: do you think Trump has actually "bettered our country"? In all metrics he seems to have done worse than his predecessor and it just doesn't look to be bearing out there is improvement. But if you think there is, I'm all ears as to what it is.

Yes. He has done a lot of good for the country but I know you have your blinders on or you'll attribute it to "policies already in motion." Because that's what you do, you want Trump to fail at all costs even if it means America failing because of it. This is the liberal mindset today. Trump has exposed this. 2020 is going to be such a landslide win for Trump because the left has shot themselves in the foot time and time again ever since he was elected. They grasp for anything and everything they can and continually fail. This only pushes people on their side further away to the point of becoming a Trumper. I know A LOT of people from personal experience that have moved to the right because of how outrageous the left in America has become.

Kerry, who in America is worse off now than under Obama?

Sounds like you could replace Trump with media here. Lying as a politician is absolutely business as usual. Since we're quoting here, like the great Charles Barkley once said "Poor people have been voting democrat for 50 years and they're still poor." Democrats hold their hands out like they're some type of savior to buy votes from the weak in this country.

I agree with this statement....it's part of the polarity on both sides.

Yes. He has done a lot of good for the country but I know you have your blinders on or you'll attribute it to "policies already in motion." Because that's what you do, you want Trump to fail at all costs even if it means America failing because of it. This is the liberal mindset today. Trump has exposed this. 2020 is going to be such a landslide win for Trump because the left has shot themselves in the foot time and time again ever since he was elected. They grasp for anything and everything they can and continually fail. This only pushes people on their side further away to the point of becoming a Trumper. I know A LOT of people from personal experience that have moved to the right because of how outrageous the left in America has become.

Kerry, who in America is worse off now than under Obama?

Brandon, I don't disagree with some of the things Trump has done (prison/work reform, tax reform, de-regulation...) but especially with the last two items - as well as a lot of other flat results or failures - the question I ask is he setting us on the right path for the future?

As a banker, I've had numerous conversations with other staunch Republicans - business owners, executives - who will all concede that, while none of us voted for Obama, we all did well under his 8 years as well. :lol: I can also tell you from my experience that just pulling out the cash register drawer and seeing some money doesn't mean that everything is going great. Trump operates on simple, understandable concepts and unfortunately the world is far more complicated. I worry he's:

1) Acting too much in the moment, without regard for future implications.

2) Some of his global initiatives (tarriffs, sanctions) are misaligned and doing more medium- and long-term harm than good.

Economic fact is, Trump inherited a "fixed" economy...he just pulled a few of the safety buffers to help the reaction keep going.

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/12/646708799/fact-check-who-gets-credit-for-the-booming-u-s-economy

Just curious...you don't consider any of the following an improvement?

(LBJ)

- Equal Civil Rights

- Equal Voting rights

- Equal Access to Housing

- Equality in public education

- Medicare/Medicade

- Food Stamps

- Americorps

- Federal Work Study

- the Job Corps

- Water quality standards

- air quality standards

- Consumer Product safety commission

- National Parks

- NASA

- The moon landing

(Nixon)

- Trade Relations with China

- Widespread Environmental conservation and Preservation (EPA)

(Carter)

- The department of energy (to limit energy crisis)

- expanded national park system

(Reagan)

- increased Tariffs

(Clinton)

- NAFTA

- Children's health insurance program

- Budget Surplus

none of these things are an improvement?

The fact that this comment invites an explanation of the difference between personal security and criminal enforcement policy insults both of our intelligence. I can't tell if this is a joke or you really just don't know anything about the current problems in the criminal justice system.

What a shock the "community" hates an organization that has for 200 years enforced an highly socially and racially biased system that puts a significant number of innocent people in jail. Maybe if there wasn't a history of corruption hidden by the blue wall people would feel better about police.

Looking through this list:

lbj-Many of lbjs social programs were kennedys ideas..and nasa w/o the famous we want a man on the moon by the end of the decade from kennedy nasa probably doesn't exist

Water quality..ask the people in flint mi how that worked for them

nixon-Trade with china...really..they are the largest thieves of ip in the world.. helping kill the US economy

carter-worst prez ever...but a nice guy..out of control inflation(18%)

clinton..i liked alot..voted for him 2x but nafta is a joke..a giant sucking sound per perot and he was correct and i feel ..again my opinion, helped lead to our immigration problem .I was all in on the surplus that 43 killed us on.

What a shock it's up to the individuals to take personal responsibiliy and fact check the politicians as well as the media. YOu keep doing this thing where you reduce all of something down to one word and then condemn that one thing. the New York Times isn't the same thing as Alex Jones, it's up to the consumer to fact check when they consume, be it media or political agenda.

Or, to quote Ewan McGregor: "only a Sith deals in absolutes".

Yes some parts of the media are awful (mostly what you seem to listen to) and some of it is pretty spot on. This is why they teach critical reading to middle schoolers - so they can spot the difference.

Yes. He has done a lot of good for the country but I know you have your blinders on or you'll attribute it to "policies already in motion."

Can you be specific on these items. Don't just say "the economy" tell me what faction of the "economy" his policy is directly affecting.

I give Trump plenty of credit for continuing the prosperity set in motion by his predecessor. Not every president can do that, Nixon, Ford, Carter, and HW Bush all inherited recessions and couldn't turn it around. Claiming I have "blinders" on because I recognize trends that started as far back as 2012 and you don't is just factually incorrect.

Because that's what you do, you want Trump to fail at all costs even if it means America failing because of it.

I don't want Trump to fail because then America fails. But I am not a succeed at all costs type of person. I am not thrilled that our continued prosperity comes at the cost of a high deficit to be paid later, but I prefer it to a recession.

What I want is better policy making when he succeeds. I don't want him to give us short term gains with long term losses. I don't want him to cost the government more money than it should be spending because he can't appoint the correct people, and I don't want him costing americans their healthcare because he can't figure out a replacement for the ACA and he just want's to live his petty revenge fantasy.

I am and have always been on the side of the american people. When they succeed he succeeds, when he hurts them he fails. I want him to succeed, but I don't want him to have personal "success" by hurting Americans.

Rather than tell me how I am, you could have just asked. I ask you all the time to explain your position and I just get angry white dude rants about unicorn liberals that want to impose 63 gender languages on it, but nothing of real substance to the majority of Americans.

What a shock it's up to the individuals to take personal responsibiliy and fact check the politicians as well as the media. YOu keep doing this thing where you reduce all of something down to one word and then condemn that one thing. the New York Times isn't the same thing as Alex Jones, it's up to the consumer to fact check when they consume, be it media or political agenda.

Or, to quote Ewan McGregor: "only a Sith deals in absolutes".

Yes some parts of the media are awful (mostly what you seem to listen to) and some of it is pretty spot on. This is why they teach critical reading to middle schoolers - so they can spot the difference.

Can you be specific on these items. Don't just say "the economy" tell me what faction of the "economy" his policy is directly affecting.

I give Trump plenty of credit for continuing the prosperity set in motion by his predecessor. Not every president can do that, Nixon, Ford, Carter, and HW Bush all inherited recessions and couldn't turn it around. Claiming I have "blinders" on because I recognize trends that started as far back as 2012 and you don't is just factually incorrect.

I don't want Trump to fail because then America fails. But I am not a succeed at all costs type of person. I am not thrilled that our continued prosperity comes at the cost of a high deficit to be paid later, but I prefer it to a recession.

What I want is better policy making when he succeeds. I don't want him to give us short term gains with long term losses. I don't want him to cost the government more money than it should be spending because he can't appoint the correct people, and I don't want him costing americans their healthcare because he can't figure out a replacement for the ACA and he just want's to live his petty revenge fantasy.

I am and have always been on the side of the american people. When they succeed he succeeds, when he hurts them he fails. I want him to succeed, but I don't want him to have personal "success" by hurting Americans.

Rather than tell me how I am, you could have just asked. I ask you all the time to explain your position and I just get angry white dude rants about unicorn liberals that want to impose 63 gender languages on it, but nothing of real substance to the majority of Americans.

Yea the new your times is definately not biased, but since you have a sixth grade education you can clearly spot that. Your internet wisdom clouds you.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing that the media didn't already drip-drip to the public.

What was confirmed speaks more to Trumps character and conduct, and the need for his loyal subjects to protect him from himself. :lol:

Time to move on. There's no sense dragging out this drama anymore with an election season going into full swing next year.

Nothing that the media didn't already drip-drip to the public.

What was confirmed speaks more to Trumps character and conduct, and the need for his loyal subjects to protect him from himself. :lol:

Time to move on. There's no sense dragging out this drama anymore with an election season going into full swing next year.

Huh?