Pile o' Sheet needed. $1k

Otis Nice

Younger cousins just graduated school to be an audio engineer. Has been rocking a '99 (IIRC) POS Civic for the last 2 years. Long story short the head gasket blew. A Facebook "mechanic" came to fix it. Did the gasket, messed up the timing or whatever. He is not a car guy, doesn't care what it is or what it looks like, it just has to be reliable to get him to work and back.

Any leads appreciated. They're already all over CL so no need to waste time there. I was told his cap is $1k. Paying out of pocket and just got done going through school paying cash so he has next to nothing.

Grassy ass.

Back in the day I bought a junkyard Civic engine for $150. Should be under his $1k cap to have any shop install it.

I agree. They sold it before we even had a chance to look at it. Apparently the FB mech did the gasket ok but messed up something with the timing and who knows what else. They had it checked to see what it would need to get fixed and they were told it'd take another $800. They paid $900 total for the car 2 years ago.

Wouldn't have been TOO bad for a swap. Oh well.

Give him Elliot? Its only a $150 truck.

:lolguy: :nono: Read above. He can't row through all three gears.

Will put the word out. In the mean time have him start donating plasma if he needs some relatively fast cash. Twice a week roughly $50 a pop. I do that when I get tight on funds.

Sounds like a good way to save Average Joe's Gym.

I know of a 98 accord 2 door for 1500 has honda paint fade but I have done all the maint on it for the last 6 or so years. It has new struts tires and brakes. I think last time I saw it they were going to need a sway bar link in the front end due to a clunk but they bought a new car.. only gets driven 3k a year or so.. its had a very easy life

I know of a 98 accord 2 door for 1500 has honda paint fade but I have done all the maint on it for the last 6 or so years. It has new struts tires and brakes. I think last time I saw it they were going to need a sway bar link in the front end due to a clunk but they bought a new car.. only gets driven 3k a year or so.. its had a very easy life

Thanks, buddy Still at a $1k cap. They test drove an Olds Alolero today. Called me saying that the owner admitted that it sometimes would drain the battery. Told him to take it to an auto parts store for testing. Called back saying both the new batt and the alt tested fine. Hard pass.