Car loan

Versluis

I know this has been asked before and Kemba if I remember correct is recommended? I saw they have 3.49% and not sure if that is good in this market.

Long story short, looking to get Honda CRV from my brother in law for my fiancé. The CRV is a fleet car for Honda and we can get it for a little better than the used market. Title has to stay in Honda employee name for 3 months. Will a bank give me a loan for it even if the title has to stay in his name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

getting a loan for a crv? LOL, I miss old CR.

if a credit institution gives you a loan for a vehicle, they transfer title into their name or into your name with a lien on it. You could get a personal loan and just get a pile of cash, but the rates aren't going to be the same.

so, let me get this straight. you want to get a loan, in your name, to buy a car, to keep in someone else's name, for your fiance... CRV LOL

if a credit institution gives you a loan for a vehicle, they transfer title into their name or into your name with a lien on it. You could get a personal loan and just get a pile of cash, but the rates aren't going to be the same.

so, let me get this straight. you want to get a loan, in your name, to buy a car, to keep in someone else's name, for your fiance... CRV LOL

My future brother in law works for HAM and is under the car program. His touring CRV is up for him to turn in and if I were to get it, I would save some money. Since my fiancé is not “blood” to him it can not go straight into her name.

No.

Do you have another vehicle you could refinance? BMI credit union is 3.24% on a 36mo loan. If you refinance an existing loan through them (refi for more than your vehicle is worth and use the balance to buy the CRV) you get $250 incentive. Use my referral and get additional $50. I've been happy with them.

Ah, yes. Back when all of CR was helping their fiances purchase Hellcats and hot rods. All the women folk/significant others here with their stupid fast muscle cars were great.

Edited by Otis Nice

My future brother in law works for HAM and is under the car program. His touring CRV is up for him to turn in and if I were to get it, I would save some money. Since my fiancé is not “blood” to him it can not go straight into her name.

I can speak from personal experience this "policy" is not enforced nor is it practical for them to even know. You being family also, he should be OK to purchase the vehicle on your behalf.

Ah, yes. Back when all of CR was helping their fiences purchase Hellcats and hot rods. All the women folk/significant others here with their stupid fast muscle cars were great.

BuT Im aN EnTiTlED MaLeNiAl WiTh No M0N3Y @ND IM ENtiTL3D T0 FR33 CAR!!! #420BL@Z31TFORTNIGHT #V@P3NASH

I know this has been asked before and Kemba if I remember correct is recommended? I saw they have 3.49% and not sure if that is good in this market.

Long story short, looking to get Honda CRV from my brother in law for my fiancé. The CRV is a fleet car for Honda and we can get it for a little better than the used market. Title has to stay in Honda employee name for 3 months. Will a bank give me a loan for it even if the title has to stay in his name?

WTF no are you dumb?

Get a personal loan from KEMBA, then when you can get the title out of their name, go back to kemba, finance the car, use that money to pay off personal loan and you’ll be left with the auto loan. You’ll lose some money in paying interest, but that’s how you’ll have to do it at kemba.

Thanks for the responses even the how dumb I am. Only ever purchased a new car and not used yet so new process for me.

Not getting car, do not want a personal loan at 8% for three months, then refinance it to a car loan and have to pay tax twice. Not worth the hassle and the savings wash.

Thanks for the responses even the how dumb I am. Only ever purchased a new car and not used yet so new process for me.

Not getting car, do not want a personal loan at 8% for three months, then refinance it to a car loan and have to pay tax twice. Not worth the hassle and the savings wash.

Tax twice?