Ford Dealer For TSB?

Wease

Anyone have a good Ford dealer that might do a free TSB? I've been having an issue with my 2013 Ford Fiesta where I get an "Engine Malfunction" error and it throws no codes. The car is drive-able, but hesitates a second or two when pressing the gas. Fortunately for me, it doesn't happen very often, and all I have to do is turn the car off and back on again, and it's gone.

After some Google digging, I was able to find a TSB on it, and I'm 99% sure it's the issue I have. However, of course this is a TSB and not a recall. Plus it's a 2013 car with 59K miles on it, not anything new or under the standard warranty. I'd love to get it done for free, but I'm doubting that will happen. Can anyone recommend a course of action here? :confused:

Sorry I'm not more familiar with Ford dealership servicing centers in the area, but you're right in starting there. Germain Ford is up in the Sawmill/Powell area? Good luck!

Just before Thanksgiving, our 2012 Odyssey (63k miles) had a couple of alerts pop up. Googled it to find it might be a misfire. Roush Honda confirmed it was a known issue with the piston rings not being oriented properly in some Honda 3.5L V6's from this era. Rebuilt the engine last week while I was out for Thanksgiving. Extended warranty from Honda on this specific issue covered it all.

My point is - as much as we do our own work, if you're not sure what's wrong with the Fiesta, or don't want to be on the hook for repairing, you're good to definitely get it checked out. There may be a free-fix the dealer will do that Googling can't solve.

My good friend always got hooked up by Ricart of all places. He took his 2013 F150 in last year, no warranty, and they put on new headers due to them leaking under some TSB (something like that, dont quote me lol). I figure most places might charge diagnostics, but its pretty hit or miss as I am sure you are prepared for.

Yeah, you can tell her I told you to give her a call to see if she can help you.

Thanks! Believe it or not, I just got a Recall Notice for something else in the mail yesterday! So good timing, I'll have to drop it off at a dealership anyway... :nod:

Dean Moser at Germain. Great guy and will take care of you. You could also ask for Randy or Bill next door at their quick lane service center. Both are awesome and they can bill it back to Ford. They and the one tech Ed are awesome and trustworthy. I know them well.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Yeah, you can tell her I told you to give her a call to see if she can help you.

Just a quick update: I talked to Tiffany, she said they would not pay for it, it's something I'd have to cover.

Dean Moser at Germain. Great guy and will take care of you. You could also ask for Randy or Bill next door at their quick lane service center. Both are awesome and they can bill it back to Ford. They and the one tech Ed are awesome and trustworthy. I know them well.

I've left 3 messages for Dean and he won't call me back. Boo.. :(

Just a quick update: I talked to Tiffany, she said they would not pay for it, it's something I'd have to cover.

I've left 3 messages for Dean and he won't call me back. Boo.. :(

Call Bill Krohmer at Quick Lane right next door to Germain. Again, they are part of the dealership. I'm going there tomorrow to get them to balance out my new Michelin's. 614-383-4702

Call Bill Krohmer at Quick Lane right next door to Germain. Again, they are part of the dealership. I'm going there tomorrow to get them to balance out my new Michelin's. 614-383-4702

Sorry, forgot to say that one of the times I called, I did talk to Bill. He couldn't tell me anything, referred me to Dean, which was one of the other messages I left.