Browns season

Mace1647545504

What's the odds they let Gregg Williams go? The only coach to have a winning season since 2007. I'd say they have to give him a 1 year contract but as everyone knows....browns gonna browns. Don't be shocked if they bring in someone else.

What's the odds they let Gregg Williams go? The only coach to have a winning season since 2007. I'd say they have to give him a 1 year contract but as everyone knows....browns gonna browns. Don't be shocked if they bring in someone else.

He is the defensive coordinator, that is the interim coach. They will go out and try to hire a coach with NFL Head coaching experience. As they should.

If Greg gets shitty about it, just give the defense to his son that is filling in as acting d coordinator.

The Browns thing to do would be to hire another coach that hasn't been a head coach in the NFL. The best news is that we have a good GM that will most likely have a lot to say on who gets hired.

Williams has head coaching experience......with the bills. Not sure how you let him go without at least trying a year. He turned the team around and he's a players coach so the guys will want to play for him.

Ok, I meant somewhat successful head coaching experience. Things are now in place to attract someone like that. Lots of cap space, more draft picks coming, and a GM who has turned teams around and seems to be helping to turn Cleveland into a competitive team.

I'm not down playing what Williams has done. It has been beyond impressive. I just dont know if he is the guy going forward. I'm sure he will be interviewed for the job, just not sure if he will be the one to get the job.

Edit for this http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001006487/article/browns-to-interview-williams-kitchens-for-hc-vacancy

Edited by DKilbourne

I'd rather see him stay on as OC personally.

The problem with that is the new HC (assuming it's not Williams) will bring in his own guys. Even if the new HC retains Kitchens as OC, he would probably be poached next year by some other team in need of a HC. I would rather not risk losing him and just make him head coach now. He's been in the league long enough.

*Patriots fan here, passing interest in the Browns*

Honestly, I think most Browns fans are riding the hype train a little hard. Still, can't fault them after a decade of misery.

Most important thing I think is that the Patriots were reportedly trying to swing a deal to trade for the Giants #2 pick if the Browns passed on Mayfield at 1, they thought he'd be the next Brady.

He's got the right mechanics and brain to be a guy to build the franchise around, and the Browns already have the most important part in protecting that with a pretty solid O-line. Further, they already have what IMO is the most important thing to a young QB and that's a solid TE. Njoku was the 2nd best receiver on the team this year in basically all categories (receptions, yards, tied for 2nd in TDs), and Nick Chubb is solid enough that Mayfield won't be forced to throw for 12 yards every 3rd down.

Honestly I think the Browns need to (and I think Dorsey's smart enough to) pay Mike McCarthy whatever he demands to come to Cleveland. The team needs a QB-focused coach and who better than him that's currently on the market? It's going to be a crazy HC market this year so the Browns need to be aggressive and lock up their top choice early.

The team needs a QB-focused coach and who better than him that's currently on the market?

A guy they already have, Freddie Kitchens. The guy that immediately turned the offense from shitty to great (ranked 3rd in the league after Hue and Haley were fired). The guy that already has a proven record of success with this offense and a great relationship with Mayfield.

A guy they already have, Freddie Kitchens. The guy that immediately turned the offense from shitty to great (ranked 3rd in the league after Hue and Haley were fired). The guy that already has a proven record of success with this offense and a great relationship with Mayfield.

+1

In this thread is the same debate as I've read online ..Williams or Kitchens..the infamous they think the HC job should go to Kitchens as he's younger(44) then Williams(60) so more relatable to Mayfield. Then over pay Williams

Imo, fans that aren't absolutely ecstatic with this season need a reality check. They're fun to watch now, they're winning games and had the ability to win a few more than they did. Prettynotbad.

I'm with Aaron, we went from hoping our season wasn't a shut out to an almost winning season. I enjoyed every game after the staff change and I'm excited to watch next year.