Nasty Seven Second Stick Shifted Mustang

wagner

For those with a tranny fetish check this beast out. This car freaking hauls the mail and really isn't that radical of a combo.

Yandro told me they were killing a transmission a weekend when they started to make big power and got it to hook. Impressive what he has done with this car for sure.

https://www.dragzine.com/news/the-minion-yandro-ulloas-seven-second-boosted-mustang/

That’s awesome. And I have to say, I’m a fan of yellow cars. Love his crew with the minion heads as well...that’s good marketing!

Would a 5- or 6-speed manual trans built for that level of speed and abuse still be more durable than an automatic? Or are you still rebuilding synchros and new clutch every race?

That’s awesome. And I have to say, I’m a fan of yellow cars. Love his crew with the minion heads as well...that’s good marketing!

Would a 5- or 6-speed manual trans built for that level of speed and abuse still be more durable than an automatic? Or are you still rebuilding synchros and new clutch every race?

The clutch he runs is built to handle slippage. I believe it's a weighted "slipper" style setup. Most of the quick stick guys run them, so they can dial them in and have it act kind of like a torque converter to get it out of the hole.

These are around 3k and are custom built.

The tranny will need syncros at least once a year. They usually dont hammer gears, as that would probably blow the gears apart and definitely wipe the syncros sooner.

Would an auto be quicker? Yep. These guys just like to shift on their own and enjoy the challenge that comes with it. This is probably my favorite racing at this point.

Having a friend running 9.0s in a stick car and meeting all of the other guys is fun. Some day I will be back in it, but wont be running 7s...haha. My goal is to run 9s and go from there. Looking forward to chasing that number.