The Lists 2019?

wagner

Putting this in the kitchen because feelings are going to get hurt and this won't be a safe zone.

At this time running list street races in Columbus is going to be nearly impossible. The city has grown to much, lots of traffic, and plenty of people that would love to bitch about it to local news stations.

We would have to find some prime spots but then the problem would be keeping all the tards away that just want to watch and FB live.

That being said, if we can get some list races together that work with local events at a track what "lists" should we have?

Here are some ideas. To be on the list you have to be an active member of Columbus Racing and in good standing. Top person will get to keep a special trophy as long as they hold the spot. Shit talking is expected so if you have feelings this isn't going to be for you. If you don't like the rules go get fisted by a man holding a pineapple...

Columbus Racing Unlimited Top 10: Must be a door car, can't run on jet fuel, any tire, better be damn fast.

Columbus Racing Top 10: Must be a door car and street legal. If you bring a race car you will get bumped to the unlimited top 10

Columbus Racing Top 10 Bikes: Someone who knows bikes would need to chime in, I know these guys tend to cry about stuff so good luck and god's speed...

Columbus Racing Slow Kids Top 10: Mom and dad cars/trucks/SUVs, if it doesn't pass the eye test you get bumped to the normal Top Ten so puppy kickers need not apply.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...If you don't like the rules go get fisted by a man holding a pineapple...

IT'S MA'AM!

Columbus Racing Unlimited Top 10: Must be a door car, can't run on jet fuel, any tire, better be damn fast.

Out. In to spectate. I dunno if this is even a thing, this, "damn fast." Wut?

Columbus Racing Top 10: Must be a door car and street legal. If you bring a race car you will get bumped to the unlimited top 10.

See above.

Columbus Racing Top 10 Bikes: Someone who knows bikes would need to chime in, I know these guys tend to cry about stuff so good luck and god's speed...

Groms only.

Columbus Racing Slow Kids Top 10: Mom and dad cars/trucks/SUVs, if it doesn't pass the eye test you get bumped to the normal Top Ten so puppy kickers need not apply.

What about $150 trucks that are 36 years old? Is dis where I go? No?

Let’s be honest, no real feelings will get hurt, legit 2/73 odds someone’s does.

Basically.

CR cares much more about Bunions and Trump than who has a fast car.

The first two hurt folks the worst. :lol:

We need a list of people who actually show up, that’s probably under 10.

Workdays. Hard to justify taking a days vacay for my slow as truck to watch those of y'all with cars drive fast. I still plan on making it out this year but we'll see.

CR’s fastest: run whatever you have

CR street/daily: anything not on a drag tire (tire marketed for drag racing, ie drag radial or slick)

CR beaters: for those who have old rusty pickup trucks and Paul’s Grand Marquis

CR bikes: does it have two wheels? good race it, the rest of us don’t care

CR sneakers: for the rest of you brokedicks with no car and a gym membership

Brian's over here trying to organize something that should hit the interest of most and here we are wanting a to change it because it doesn't hit what's exactly in the garage on jack stands.

Make CR great again Brian.

Crystal ball prediction. CR will come full circle in 2025-2030. Members will then be looking for something to do with their old ass, so meets and gatherings (with wheelchair access) will be talked about more, like 2005.

Brian's over here trying to organize something that should hit the interest of most and here we are wanting a to change it because it doesn't hit what's exactly in the garage on jack stands.

Make CR great again Brian.

Crystal ball prediction. CR will come full circle in 2025-2030. Members will then be looking for something to do with their old ass, so meets and gatherings (with wheelchair access) will be talked about more, like 2005.

I've seen it countless times where people cry to get a class to fit their combo, that won't be the case here I can promise you that. You get in where you fit in on the track or you sit in the stands, it's not that hard.

Cordell gets it, the simple rules win out. The excuses will flow, that's fine, and that's why there's a slow kid's class.

There are two kinds of people: those who shut up and race, and those who bitch on the internet.

Shouldn’t the current list be purged. So many (myself included) migrated to the fastest soccer machine list.

100% new lists will be created if this goes down.

This is for those who actually want to have fun and put the RACING back into Columbus Racing.

For all the fastest spectator and keyboard cowboy you will win a big black dildo named Tom.

I feel like Randy - Otis Nice probably falls into the #1 spot for this award, fastest keyboard warrior for 2019. Kerry - Geeto67 is in 2nd place. Kerry should be better.

:gabe:

For all the fastest spectator and keyboard cowboy you will win a big black dildo named Tom.

I believe Mitch would agree that BBD is aways referred to as Big Freddy.

On a side note, out of curiosity/forgive me if I missed it, but will this be 1/8 or 1/4 mile racing?

With that also being asked, what kind of times would one have to feasibly average to make it in each class?

I believe Mitch would agree that BBD is aways referred to as Big Freddy.

On a side note, out of curiosity/forgive me if I missed it, but will this be 1/8 or 1/4 mile racing?

With that also being asked, what kind of times would one have to feasibly average to make it in each class?

Yes, that was a misstep on my part, it shall be known as Big Freddy from this moment forward.

Still working on securing a partner facility for the races, but it will more than likely be at a 1/8th mile track since the only local 1/4 mile track isn't easy to work with.

No idea on times, no idea if the clocks will even be on yet. This is heads-up racing, show up and hope you got a big enough stick to swing.

Fact is that legit list races push people who actually want to race to be faster and be the best. Real racing isn't a participation trophy/inclusion culture, it's kill or be killed. You want a ribbon go do something else.

1/8th mile..............

Sign of the times my friend, 1/4 mile racing at the highest levels is really dying. All the biggest events and fastest classes are switching to 1/8th mile due to insurance, speeds, and costs.

You have to go where you can get the job done and the fact is National Trail Raceway has become more and more difficult to work with for us and others.

In theory, we could just show up on Friday nights and just do our own thing as part of their shitshow program. Option B is to work with a track like Pacemakers that would be more than happy to welcome us in AND give us the ability to operate as needed.

It might also be easier for some to go faster in the 1/8th due to tech.

I've been to and raced at a lot of tracks and Trails just doesn't seem to be staffed with people that care, they just want to go through the motions to get paid.

I feel like Randy - Otis Nice probably falls into the #1 spot for this award, fastest keyboard warrior for 2019. Kerry - Geeto67 is in 2nd place. Kerry should be better.

:gabe:

Ouch.

For a bike list...does anybody drag race bikes around here? haven't seen to many serious ones