Sanity check on abs problem

xlr8tn

06 duramax. When braking and I get ~5mph the abs pump kicks in and truck pulls to the right. That tells me it's a left side problem correct? I did the speed sensor on that side but no change so I'm assuming now the reluctor is bad. Timken hub and bearings are fine. I went ahead and ordered a hub so the hub swap is happening. Just want to see if anyone has ran into this and my thinking is right.

The only good way to know which side it is, is to watch the wheel speeds drop out on a scan tool. I’ve never had much luck just replacing the sensor, it all has to do with the air gap changing as these get older and rusty. I know the hub assembly is expensive but there’s a reason I don’t give people the option at the dealer.

I've really got to get a scan tool that does abs and air bags. I run into instances every couple years where I could use one or the other. I'm getting ready to get rid of the truck so I'm just trying to get it good enough to get rid of. Already dropped the tank and replaced the fuel module, fuel cooler, and all the lines. Need to get this abs problem worked out and the air bag light and it'll be good to go I think.

Just swap both hub assembly's. As cordell said we dont waste time replacing just the sensor. And typically no reason to just replace one because the other will be done soon after.

But the best way is to hook up a scan tool and watch live data. You'll see the mph drop out.

Also good practice is to clean up the ground under the drivers side door body mount. I've seen those corroded and not ground the abs pump good enough.