Ohio front plate law, again (HB 62)

BuckeyeROC

PLEASE let us do away with the front plates this time around...

"Ohio drivers may no longer be required to have a front license plate on their vehicles if an amendment added to the state transportation budget gets approved."

"The bill must be adopted by March 31 to take effect July 1 when the state fiscal year begins."

https://www.daytondailynews.com/news/state--regional-govt--politics/ohio-house-votes-longer-require-front-license-plate-vehicles/7F42dSHnbMRjcAr2bcm7JM/

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They mentioned the Transportation Bill this morning on NPR, complete with no front plate.

I think this has a chance. There's a lot of other items that I'm sure the State government would want to see.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019/03/ohio-house-passes-transportation-budget-bill-to-increase-gas-taxes-107-cents-a-gal-over-2-years.html

I personally don't have a problem with the 10.7cent gas tax: it's a use-tax that will hopefully provide funding to infrastructure improvements. If you can't afford higher gas prices, get a more fuel-efficient car or take the bus/ride-sharing option.

Fucking diesel tax...Diesel is already more expensive than gas. Might be time to RIP my TDi or delete emissions so I get more MPG.

Also Im curious to see what the .20 increase does to every day item prices since that's going to hit businesses hard and cost more to deliver items.

Fucking diesel tax...Diesel is already more expensive than gas. Might be time to RIP my TDi or delete emissions so I get more MPG.

Also Im curious to see what the .20 increase does to every day item prices since that's going to hit businesses hard and cost more to deliver items.

Ohio needs to mindful that it doesn't get to a tax structure that gets people thinking about moving to better weather.

They mentioned the Transportation Bill this morning on NPR, complete with no front plate.

I think this has a chance. There's a lot of other items that I'm sure the State government would want to see.

https://www.cleveland.com/open/2019/03/ohio-house-passes-transportation-budget-bill-to-increase-gas-taxes-107-cents-a-gal-over-2-years.html

I personally don't have a problem with the 10.7cent gas tax: it's a use-tax that will hopefully provide funding to infrastructure improvements. If you can't afford higher gas prices, get a more fuel-efficient car or take the bus/ride-sharing option.

More taxes, great......

I guess it's a fair trade to pay a little more for fuel and not have to run a front plate. Does this mean that vehicle registrations will be less too? Seems like it's more since we have to pay for two plates, but it's been a while since I've had to register a car in a different state.

Also think it's funny to see that electric vehicles will have to pay a flat fee. :lol:

If they can’t afford $0.10/gas tax they probably can’t afford buying a more fuel efficient car. Columbus can’t even get plowing roads correctly, I guess we will see if this tax will actually improve anything.

Honestly, I haven't ran a front plate since 'nam...law or not. Better roads would be nice.

LOL, same here. Three of my cars were bought in No Front Plate states so I have not put them on. The Fiesta and G8 were bought in Michigan, the Cobra was in Tennessee. I've only gotten one no front plate ticket ever, and it was from that corrupt child molesting POS Columbus cop that got busted years ago... :lol:

I've only gotten one no front plate ticket ever, and it was from that corrupt child molesting POS Columbus cop that got busted years ago... :lol:

That was one of my favorite threads on here, because we had Part 1, and later updated with Part 2 after he got busted :lol:

That thread should be added to the archives if it isn't already

I wouldn’t have so much an issue with the gas tax except for the current rediculous price increase for premium fuel everywhere now. Typically the best I can find is $0.60/gallon more than 87. That shit is beyond annoying.

I wouldn’t have so much an issue with the gas tax except for the current rediculous price increase for premium fuel everywhere now. Typically the best I can find is $0.60/gallon more than 87. That shit is beyond annoying.

Very few places like Costco has a narrower spread. There's also a Marathon station (maybe two) with a 24-cent spread.