Ohio front plate law, again (HB 62)

BuckeyeROC

So currently I'm assuming you still need 2 plates? I was pulled over in my G8 a few weeks ago for no front plate and dark window tint. Got off with a warning, but I was under the impression you didn't need a front plate now? Unless these bills get some traction, of course. :(

I wasn't going to question the officer (Union county sheriff), I was too busy kissing his ass and showing my military ID to get out of the ticket... :lol:

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So currently I'm assuming you still need 2 plates? I was pulled over in my G8 a few weeks ago for no front plate and dark window tint. Got off with a warning, but I was under the impression you didn't need a front plate now? Unless these bills get some traction, of course. :(

I wasn't going to question the officer (Union county sheriff), I was too busy kissing his ass and showing my military ID to get out of the ticket... :lol:

That legislation was set to eliminate the requirement as of July 1, 2020

Few months left

I didn't think they could actually pull you over for either of those things unless union has their own law regarding it, both are equipment violations

I didn't think they could actually pull you over for either of those things unless union has their own law regarding it, both are equipment violations

Yeah, I have no idea on that one. I was coming home from hockey practice on 42 heading towards Delaware. He was on the side of the road and pulled out right after me. I wasn't "speeding" (maybe 58 in a 55?), so I figured it had to be the tint or no front plate. And yup, that's what it was.

Yeah, I have no idea on that one. I was coming home from hockey practice on 42 heading towards Delaware. He was on the side of the road and pulled out right after me. I wasn't "speeding" (maybe 58 in a 55?), so I figured it had to be the tint or no front plate. And yup, that's what it was.

Yeah, it's really tough to speed on 42. Drove it several times last week. Was awesome being behind all the trucks going 46 mph in a 55.

Where were they hiding? I drive from 23 to Riverside almost everyday and I rarely see cops on it unless there's a pack of them traveling together.

I think no front plate is a primary infraction (or whatever the real term is) meaning that they can pull you over for it and then go fishing to see what else they can ticket you for. I've been pulled over multiple times for no front plate, though never ticketed for it.

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe they'll also take the gas hike away that was attached to that bill.��

It would only be fair, the way I see it the bill is an all or nothing. Either keep it all or rescind all of it. The only reason I supported it was for the no front plate part which was supposed to keep the tax increase lower by saving a few million. So are they now going to want to increase the gas tax in order to offset the money they are no longer saving?

Again, all or none.

So a few weeks ago laura laneses' (sp) husband came around looking for signatures for her.

I explained that 6-8 months ago I sent her an email (I think Clay posted the link) that I would like her to vote to keep the no front license plate law .

I then explained she sent a very flippant reply sticking with the party line. He asked what she said to which I replied I could remember but it wasn't what I would have hoped for, AND that I would not sign the petition nor would she get my vote if she was on the ballot.

He then wanted to engage more but I told him I was done with the conversation .

Where were they hiding? I drive from 23 to Riverside almost everyday and I rarely see cops on it unless there's a pack of them traveling together.

I see them all the time sitting on 42 E off US-33 heading to Delaware. There is a church not far from US-33 and he hides behind the church sign. Just sits there and has his spot lights on.