Phone Carriers

Zx2guy19

I know there are other threads about this, but these fuckers change so fast it's hard to keep track.

I've been with Verizon 10+ years, always had a good experience, good coverage, etc. However, I'm getting a little tired of paying $130 a month for a plan (YES, this includes my phone). It's time to upgrade my 7+ so I'm looking at possibly making a switch. As a Realtor, I use about 30 gigs of data and about 5 gigs of hotspot, so I have to have unlimited basically. I am planning to upgrade to an Iphone XR.

T-Mobile- $121 a month with unlimited everything, brand new phone, insurance, etc.

Sprint- $100 a month with unlimited everything, brand new phone, insurance, etc.

Verizon- $123 a month with unlimited everything, brand new phone, insurance, etc.

Sprint becomes the natural selection, but everything I'm reading said they suck at customer service, suck at coverage, etc.

Anyone have any experiences with these carriers, or others (AT&T) you can share with me?

I have nothing much to say other than I have an OLD AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan that I still haven't given up even though its gotten pricey for what it is ($105 a month IIRC). Sadly with my new house I dont really get any reception so I have considered switching to an unlimited plan with Verizon.

Ive always heard sprint is trash for coverage and speed but I have no actual experience with them.

T-Mobile customer service is awesome. I haven't needed them for anything in years so I can't say for sure if they are still as good nowadays, but they were excellent anytime I needed them in the past. Coverage has continued to improve over the years. Zero complaints from me.

I have Sprint and I plan on switching when my contract is up in May. I was paying 140/mo for 2 lines (basic unlimited, both phones and insurance included) and within a year and a half I am up to nearly 160/mo. I looked into other carriers and it seems Cricket is the way to go for us. 90/mo for the top tier unlimited (the don't dial back speeds after so many gigs) for 2 lines, phones are paid for up front.

I have Sprint and I plan on switching when my contract is up in May. I was paying 140/mo for 2 lines (basic unlimited, both phones and insurance included) and within a year and a half I am up to nearly 160/mo. I looked into other carriers and it seems Cricket is the way to go for us. 90/mo for the top tier unlimited (the don't dial back speeds after so many gigs) for 2 lines, phones are paid for up front.

How is Sprint for service? That deal is enticing

Old AT&T unlimited plan $65 plus $31 for my Note 9. with tax $101 and some change per month. I don't have insurance at all.

I've had AT&T for about 7 years now. No complaints. Once this phone is paid off my bill will be under a little over $70 a month.

What is the story with Google fi? I read an ad the other day, who's network are they using?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

T-Mobile, Sprint and U.S. Cellular towers depending on where you're at.

I've got Verizon through work @ like $20 / month for personal use, and like 20% off my wife's line. So we won't be switching unless I change jobs.

Curious though whose network spectrum is using. Anybody know?

What is the story with Google fi? I read an ad the other day, who's network are they using?

I'm wondering about this too. A coworker has it and loves it, but he's the only one I know.

I have been with Verizon for about 20 years and have a Loyalty Plan that's $65/month for 2 GB. It's about time to buy a new phone and I'd like more data so I'm checking my options.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I've had Google Fi for years. My understanding is that it uses Sprint and T-MOBILE networks as well as WiFi for calling. My Pixel phone switches networks automatically in the background.

Coverage is pretty good but there are some places I personally go that I don't have good cellular signal.

My current terms are $20 for unlimited talk/text and $10 per gig data. This is capped at 6Gb on the fees but not sure if they throttle at that level as I never hit it.

Also, the data fees are refundable. If you use 0.5 GB you will get $5 credit and if you use 1.75 you will pay $17.50.

Use referral code 1VT0VJ and we both get $20.

Terms and conditions apply. https://support.google.com/fi/answer/7220173?hl=en

Consumer cellular for me too. Its like $35/mo for 5gb of data. The most I ever use is around 3, so it's perfect. I always have as good if not better signal than anyone else as well, not sure who's towers they operate from

ATT / TMobile :thumbup:

How is Sprint for service? That deal is enticing

As far as dropped calls go, it's not terrible (maybe 4-5 dropped calls in the last 3.5 years). I don't like the way my bill keeps going up, customer service is meh (the few times I have called anyhow), my data plan sucks (once you are dialed back, it is 2g speeds). I'm honestly just looking for a better deal than what we are paying, honestly.

I've used Verizon for personal phones for the past 20 years, always had good service. My work recently switched over to Sprint to save a buck and it BLOWS! The dropping of calls comes and goes. The worst is probably the network speed when on the internet. Sometimes it just sits and spins while my wife's Verizon phone loads right up. Customer service isn't very good either, its taken them six months to finally get a bill correct. I would never willingly go through Sprint.

I've had Sprint for 15+ years. The cell phone coverage can be garbage depending on where you are, but they have been very easy to work with and have given us unlimited everything (text, data, etc)...though I've had them since Nokia phones with the snake game on them. :D

I'd rather stream movies and get texts, etc. Rather than worry about calling someone back while I pass Quaker City, OH on I-70. Many places where I've complained about cell service (like in a building) others with Verizon, T-Mobile have problems too.

I have nothing much to say other than I have an OLD AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan that I still haven't given up even though its gotten pricey for what it is ($105 a month IIRC). Sadly with my new house I dont really get any reception so I have considered switching to an unlimited plan with Verizon.

Ive always heard sprint is trash for coverage and speed but I have no actual experience with them.

Same here. My original plan is almost 20 years old now! Never had an issue with at&t, my company phone is Verizon and service where I work is spotty. They each have good and bad areas. Find what works best where you’ll be and run with it.

T-Mobile Is absolutely HORRIBLE... steer clear of them... if you leave them, they will send you to collections and then you have to fight to prove that you paid the bills and canceled when you did. It became a legal battle for me which was absolutely ridiculous.

with that being said, I've had AT&T for 5 years now. Service has been great. We always have coverage, speed is fine and their pricing is competitive with other carriers.

Going on 20 years with T-Mo, and slowly everyone I know has switched to them and have been much happier. Good price, good service (sure, if the town barely has electricity then cell service probably isn't so great there), it includes Netflix, you get free SMS & Data when traveling outside of the country (which is the best thing ever), free BOGO inflight wifi, a free taco from Taco Bell on Tuesdays...what's not to like about that.

They also are now on a 600mhz spectrum, which travels further and penetrates buildings better and they are always scoring as the fastest network out there.

I've thought about switching to Fi but the benefits with T-Mo are just too good to drop.