CBJ

Mace1647545504

So awesome. We stuck it to the best team in hockey. What a way to win our first series. Also seeing Shitsburgh get swept makes it that much sweeter

JACKETS IN. PENS OUT. LET'S GOOOO

Man, as a casual fan for the first 10 years and a "diehard" for the last 9, this makes me about as happy as I can be. That game last night was incredible...I went to Game 3 on Sunday and the atmosphere was NUTS!!!

But like Torts keeps saying, it's one series. We have bigger goals this year.

This is fantastic. On NBC4 this morning they showed a guy they interviewed outside the stadium, and in his words "Columbus is a hockey town now!"

I wish I could've been in the stadium. I was there during the last playoffs against Pittsburgh and it was LOUD in there, I can't imagine what last night was like.

I could careless about hockey

Well at least there is some more room there to get you on board with hockey.

Me on the other hand, I couldn't care any less about football, so it's nice when the city gets to focus on a better, more interesting sport.

I went to the inaugural game in '00 and have a full team signed jersey from the Ron Tugnutt/Geoff Sanderson days. I wouldn't call myself a die hard fan as much as OSU sports, but I try to pay attention to what's going on with the team during the season. Columbus has waited a long time for the team to make it this far and to do it so historically is pretty awesome.

This is fantastic. On NBC4 this morning they showed a guy they interviewed outside the stadium, and in his words "Columbus is a hockey town now!"

I wish I could've been in the stadium. I was there during the last playoffs against Pittsburgh and it was LOUD in there, I can't imagine what last night was like.

It was crazy loud.

I've heard that argument a lot, its not the CBJ won its that Tampa Bay lost. Whatever. On to the next round.

I've been to some playoff games, was at the OT game against Pittsburgh that Foligno won off a dump in shot from the point, that place was absolutely nuts. Can't imagine what it mustve been like for game 4.

Had a chance to get tickets to game for a week in advance and kinda kicking myself for not doing so. Prices and availability have only gotten worse for second round.

One thing to add, I'm glad everyone was so elated to finally win a series. The team gets a nice long rest to get healthy for the next opponent, just kinda worrisome the language that was going around "we finally did it" etc... like, one series win isn't the goal, a Stanley Cup is the final goal. However unrealistic that may seem to some people its perfectly plausible.

That being said, I think a lot of people would consider the season a success with a conference appearance and/or a conference win.