SUV dilemma. WWCRD?

1Quik7

Sold the SRT Ram to buy a family vehicle, narrowed it down to a couple vehicles that couldn't be any more different. Gonna pull the trigger on either an Audi SQ5 or an older model Platinum Escalade.

Audi is newer, half the miles...quick, nimble, awesome in the snow, but it lacks room especially with the the baby seat and it can be pricey to work on.

Caddy is a little older but plush, roomy, cheap parts....though its a gas hog and not as engaging to drive.

Any advice? The both have pros and cons...WWCRD?

I was just faced with a similar problem .

I needed something to haul my dogs..looked at crv, rav4, x3, impreza wagon, sequoia, grand cherokee and an escalde.

The escalade kept bubbling to the top. Yes it's going to be a gas hog, but it drove SOOO much nicer than all the above, and truly it looks better than the others.

YMMV

Good luck on your choice

Have you thought about a Q7 vs. an SQ5? My former boss had one- sweet ride. Very spacious and with the 3.0T had some decent pickup. With a chip, those fuckers are pretty damn quick.

I'm a big Audi fan, so I think I'm pretty biased. But I'd pick a Q7 over an Escalade.

Kids bring a lot of shit with them. Carseat, stroller, etc... and if you're going anywhere for a weekend don't forget about the playpen thing they need and all of the other residual bullshit. Personally I'd go for space over anything else. Like you said the Caddy will be cheaper to work on and maintain than an Audi so the mileage shouldn't be a HUGE issues unless its A LOT.

We have 2 kids under age 4 and LOVE our Cayenne GTS. Just the right size, fits into garage, fun to drive. (S)Q5 will be too small if you have a second kid. Are you looking at the 958 chassis? I didn’t think the t-case issues were that bad and mitigated by finding one with oil changed or low miles and change oil?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk