Whisky

Robochan

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome work on the project and it came out great.

Speaking of projects I have a bunch of empty bottles I’ve kept telling myself I’d use them for a project one day but never come up with any good ideas. I’ve used a couple for infinity bottles and will use one for making poor mans pappy. Outside of putting other booze in them, anyone have good ideas for them before I decide to get rid of them?

Good work on the whiskepoxy.

Duff, I like the Western Reserve 14 yr. It's not replacing my AE rye, but I'd say I like it better than the popular buffalo trace, eagle rare, etc.. I'm not sure if it's $100 better, but I'm definitely going to keep a couple bottles around.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Got inspired to do some projects too because we just got a cricut (and made some stencils).

Made this bottle glorifier to celebrate WFE picks i've done.

145531128_10110592399972574_2766942131056972042_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=N2ulCFy9cJ8AX_fGdTc&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=67378b125f4bc222ed2ff7c06ab90c4d&oe=603DFB26

144583977_10110592399797924_7086918939613849381_o.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=XUYjLC8exNQAX-tBDam&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=998cb7ef2f3839525f38675878cb44ae&oe=603DF4A5

Then, my buddy made fun of me using bookers boxes as risers... so i made some "nicer" risers.

145266681_10110592399738044_7715399830482664274_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=F1oviD07wW4AX-QSNAg&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=9e10bc3f6dfbd29b3dbe5669743ba3d3&oe=603F2F54

145062068_10110592399922674_4658351676045697586_o.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=BDr3TLRjinkAX_YOAlf&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=fb1f62be6bb9408ae3d168b01ff28865&oe=603F4FA5

While in Floriduhh for some relaxation over the weekend I stopped in for a bottle of bourbon. Saw a lot of stuff Id not seen before but nothing top shelf that I had to have. This Gunnar caught my eye as Im a fan of wheated bourbons and this was $23/. It was surprisingly pretty good. I wish we could get it here in Ohio (Im assuming we can't because Ive never seen it). I looked it up and it appears its out of Kansas. Not where I would have expected.

1N0qQJml.jpg

While in Floriduhh for some relaxation over the weekend I stopped in for a bottle of bourbon. Saw a lot of stuff Id not seen before but nothing top shelf that I had to have. This Gunnar caught my eye as Im a fan of wheated bourbons and this was $23/. It was surprisingly pretty good. I wish we could get it here in Ohio (Im assuming we can't because Ive never seen it). I looked it up and it appears its out of Kansas. Not where I would have expected.

Haven't had that but for the price and availability I like Bernheim. Great wheated IMO.

OK educate the dummy..what is a wheated bourbon ?

What does it taste like...yeah yeah I know bourbon..lol

You know what I mean

Most of the guys in this thread are smarter than me.. but.. wheated bourbon has a higher percentage of wheat vs rye.

Your common wheated variants are makers, weller, pappy, old fitzgerald.

Too me they are sweeter and smoother..

Just my $.01 opinion.

Good work on the whiskepoxy.

Duff, I like the Western Reserve 14 yr. It's not replacing my AE rye, but I'd say I like it better than the popular buffalo trace, eagle rare, etc.. I'm not sure if it's $100 better, but I'm definitely going to keep a couple bottles around.

I'll have to find some AE rye. Glad you like it though and it wasn't a complete waste of $100 for you.

I'll have to find some AE rye. Glad you like it though and it wasn't a complete waste of $100 for you.
It's good. I'm interested in trying their younger bottles to see how they compare.

I don't think you'll be disappointed in the AE, the rum barrel really smooths it out.

My sister in-law bought me a small aging barrel for Christmas that I wanted to use with Weller Antique to make poor mans pappy. Unfortunately my current bottle of antique is too low and what was once readily available has now been bought up and hoarded. Anyone have a bottle of Weller Antique 107 they’d want to sell me for retail or close to?

My sister in-law bought me a small aging barrel for Christmas that I wanted to use with Weller Antique to make poor mans pappy. Unfortunately my current bottle of antique is too low and what was once readily available has now been bought up and hoarded. Anyone have a bottle of Weller Antique 107 they’d want to sell me for retail or close to?

I could give you enough ounces to get you there.

The giant eagle by me normally doesn't get hit very hard so I can try to get in there and get you a bottle on Sunday. They normally have a few antiques and special reserves left through mid Sunday

AE rye is phenomenal IMO.

A wheated bourbon is going to come across smoother or "less hot" than, say, a rye. Where rye has that peppery kick many like a wheated has none. Maker's Mark is prob the most well known wheated overall even amongst those not into whiskey or bourbon. Most everyone has at least heard of it even if they've never had it.

In some cases I've found that wheated is easier to drink neat or on the rocks, esp for those just dipping their toe into the whiskey realm. A high rye works great in a cocktail (although many drink those neat, with water, etc too obv).

Get yourself a bottle of Bulleitt and a bottle of Bernheim and try them each neat, with a splash of water, on the rocks, and mixed in an old fashioned or manhattan. You might just find you like one far better than the other then can branch out to more in the same category.

Some of my fav wheated's, in no particular order, are:

Bernheim

Maker's 46

Makers Cask Strength

OWA

There's more but those 4 are a decent place to start.

My Kroger has about everything but the AE Rye. If someone comes across an extra when browsing, I will buy it from you, or just let me know where and I'll grab it.

Por favor

I remember now that i have had it before, but it was during the Lake Cumberland poker run at night and I was beyond being able to tell the difference between tequila and bourbon or anything really