Static Balance tire mounting?

zeitgeist57

I have 15x8 smoothies for a friend's '79 El Camino, and some 245-60-15 tires that need mounted. My go-to Mr. Tire on Reed Road is now saying they can only do clamp weights? They did my Lincoln with stick-on weights. Anyway...

Tire Discounters want's $49.99 to static balance and include an alignment. Fuck that noise...this is a basic cruiser El Camino...alignment can happen later.

Wheel Medic was suggested...anyone else (preferably on the west side) that does static tire balancing for cheap? Thanks!

Any tire shop that refuses to use stick on wheel weights is dumb as fuck. Anywhere should be able to do it, cheap is a different matter.

I thought it was wierd that they said it as well. $19.99 a wheel is more my speed though...

I may be using the improper term...I just mean balancing with sticker weights instead of clamp-on. I will call Mr. Tire tomorrow to clarify.

Buy Sean Butt beer?

He said he’s super swamped at the moment...

I should've clarified the balancing requirements (nothing special), but I was surprised how sure they were that they would have to use clamp weights.

However, Noebull Automotive has the wheels/tires and will use clamps on the inside bead and sticker weights as far forward on the inner barrel as needed to balance it. Keep the smoothie faces of the wheels smoothie, indeed. $20 a wheel. That works!