Green Bastard

smokin5s

Not sure if this is the place to post it or not but I have to call out why I think CR is such an amazing place even after so many years. Ryan AKA Green Bastard came out to my house in the country yesterday with a buddy of his to help me get my truck back on the road. He didn't want anything for it besides my daughter to befriend his son (which now she's asking when he's coming back) and lunch which he offered to buy himself. Ryan and Nick are both just absolutely stand up guys and didn't want a dime from me and wrenched on my pain in the ass truck with me for a good 9 hours. Ryan even got in trouble with his wife and risked the tornado watch getting home afterwards (literally and figuratively for being so late lol) Thanks again to great guys for their help!

ryan is a very generous guy with his time and resources. He gave me some scrap plate steel I still use as a footer for jack stands and material for projects. He also gave me some TIG welding gloves... the softest work gloves I’ve ever had.

+10 for Ryan!

He gave me a working CD player for free many years ago after a crackhead stole mine. Very selfless guy

I totally agree... Bum's me out because we were going to swap out his O2 sensor in his car on my lift but time got away from us and his wife wanted him to get home before we finished the truck so we weren't able to swap out his O2. I'm hoping he's able to make it back out to my place so I can at least try to return the favor in a small way for his kindness.

I appreciate the kind words, but it really wasn't a big deal lol. I like to help people when I can and it's a good way to meet new people for me. I still plan to try to make it back out there later to get it finished (and my son wants to come back too lol).

It's funny how some things aren't a big deal for some people and a huge deal for others. It shows how kindness can go a long way. I agree about ways to meet new people. I like meeting and helping people from CR as well and having a garage with tools to do it is nice, it's just a hike and life is busy. BTW, I found part of your buddies nail clippers that fell apart under the truck last night lol.

Very cool...like when I had Tim do my wife's car..he saw some glaze on my headlights and told me to bring it back and he'd take care of it. I haven't done it but I appreciate the offer.
Still stands my friend. [emoji106] Evan has to bring his Tesla over for decon too.

Good thread and IMO represents much CR. I've met and interfaced in some way with dozens of CR peeps and most all are stand up guys/gals. Its part of why I'm on CR so often and for years now.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk