WiFi smart door lock

STEVE-O

Pulled the trigger without fully reading up because well Prime day

ANYHOW

I can’t seem to find one searching so here I am asking the masses if I am plumb wrong or if they don’t have them

Does anyone know of or have a WiFi integrated smart door lock? Every single one I have found online you must have a hub to pair it to then connect to WiFi to control the lock from anywhere with your phone

I just can’t believe I can control my garage door from my WiFi anywhere but we don’t have a deadbolt that can do that without a in between

It seems like the August ones do have hubs, though they seem to come with the box.

x2 on the Aladdin for garage. Just put one in last week and no more worry about leaving the door up at night!

Edit - maybe they exist...this Gate lock / camera doesnt appear to need a bridge but its $$$

Not to thread jack, but I just looked up the Aladdin Genie on Amazon and it's $50. I checked camelcamelcamel and that is the lowest price it's ever sold for on amazon.

I bought this one for $41. Showed up 100% brand new and perfect. EDIT: I guess I got the last one too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genie-Aladdin-Connect-Wi-Fi-Smartphone-Garage-Door-Opener-Controller-iPhone-or/133017708021?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

If it comes down to just needing a wireless way into the house, maybe skip the door lock and go with the garage. However if wanting to verify the house is locked up, that is where I could see the locks being handy.

At work we use KEVO. It has a hub though. Its cool because with the phone in your pocket you can just touch the deadbolt outside and itll open right up.

Sorry if I was not clear , my garage is a chamberlain and it comes with built in WiFi so I just connect it through the app and boom done no hub required

I was shocked to not find a front door lock that can do the same

Is a wifi door lock that much easier to use than a keypad lock? Im all for tech but my keypad locks are SUPER simple and quick to gain access. I bought a cheap one for my detached garage thats even built into the knob.

Is a wifi door lock that much easier to use than a keypad lock? Im all for tech but my keypad locks are SUPER simple and quick to gain access. I bought a cheap one for my detached garage thats even built into the knob.

I'm with you. I love tech but I've read a ton of reviews that claim blue tooth garage door devices quirk out and randomly open or close the door. I can't take that risk not even a super low risk. The wireless keypad has never failed me and I simply change out the lithium AA's every fall.

• 4 weeks later...