Another Farkus Mobile Get's the Business (TDI Content)

TTQ B4U

So Patrick's daily is a pretty sweet ride that makes a lot of sense and bang for the buck was IMO ridiculous. I wasn't aware they were able to be picked up for such a great price.

This is a 2015 unit that likely sat around outside a bit prior to his buying it 2 years or so ago. Not having put much into it except washes, it needed a little TLC to bring it back to new condition.

Keeping in mind his fun rides have demands we stuck to a budget with my Basic Clean and Protect Package paired with a Super hydrophobic Ceramic Coating that will yield 9-12 months of protection (I've seen longer) and had it on my Q50 as well when doing so.

In the process of reviewing the car, I noticed the anodized aluminum trim had been tarnished/stained as most German car tend to have happen. It's not something that can be easily fixed but I did find that layering on some coating specific to trim and sealing it with a third layer of Cquartz knocked the visibility of the stains down a good 90+ percent.

Anyway, I picked on Patrick for letting his daily go but it was fun watching the layers of crud and embedded muck be stripped away. nearly 2.5hrs of washing and decontamination were needed.

Here's what I had to start with:

Lots of bugs on the front, tar and road grime on the rockers and embedded dirt in white paint

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

The Tail End was about the same with the addition of a lot of ferrous particles starting to rust. It's important to catch and remove these before the rust breaks into the clear coat which will eventually lead to surface rust and clear coat failure.

original.jpg

Following a strong wash I move into remove the the ferrous metals and contaminants chemically. It took two rounds to remove them all. From there it's now safe to clay/nano-mitt the surface to remove more.

original.jpg

His car was LOADED with contaminants.

original.jpg

Here's what a 50/50 of the anodized aluminum issue looked like. After just one layer of trim coating it began to mask and visually be improved.

original.jpg

Now let's look at the final results......

Thanks again Tim! This thing has really been neglected for quite some time and you really got it looking right!

You're welcome. I hope you enjoy it and keep me posted on the aluminum rails. I'm also interested in your thoughts on the coating in terms of hydrophobic property and impact on keeping it clean. Rain storms are fun.