WTB: R12?

zeitgeist57

Sean got my ‘79 Lincoln to have A/C once again!!!

However, it may be a little low on Freon as it’s cool but not cold. Anyone have 1lb or so of R12? I’d like to check to make sure the A/C system is topped off. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

This stuff sounds like a horrible idea. R134a is not flammable and R1234yf is considered flammable though supposed to be hard to ignite. The disclaimer says flammable around open flame for this stuff, I bet it has more propane in it. I wish I was more educated on this stuff, but if it was so great it should be easier to find out about.

Besides once you put some of that shit in your system it’ll be considered contaminated and good luck getting it serviced by a shop.

I've got a guy in NJ that has cans of R12 for sale, would be like $100 shipped for 2 14oz cans I believe...I just haven't had time to research what the fill/gauge tool would be as he doesn't have that. I don't even know if a conventional R-134 nozzle is the same.

I've got a guy in NJ that has cans of R12 for sale, would be like $100 shipped for 2 14oz cans I believe...I just haven't had time to research what the fill/gauge tool would be as he doesn't have that. I don't even know if a conventional R-134 nozzle is the same.

No they are not, each type of refrigerant has its own fittings. I think R22 on a house uses the same fittings, not positive. I have a set of gauges that should work if so, but honestly I have no experience working with R12.