Andrew Luck

zeitgeist57

As a car guy that dabbles in sports when it's interesting to me (Buckeye football, Indians baseball, the drama that is Kitchens' Browns), I look at this evolving story from the standpoint of a father, watching my own kids growing up in a society that is, for multiple reasons, abandoning football.

https://deadspin.com/what-andrew-luck-means-1837554491

Andrew Luck's decision is going to have ramifications throughout NFL. Really interesting event here...

EDIT: If you're wondering where I'm coming from, understand the decline in students (and families) wanting to play football, and schools across the country moving to flag football or some wierd variants of it. I'm seeing it in UA and friends in other school districts; It's crazy how much it's changed in only a few years.

I enjoy watching football, but I wouldn’t consider myself a big fan as I certainly don’t watch regularly. I think you’re not human if you’re not a little conflicted by it, it’s a cool sport and it’s awesome to watch the great players, it’s also very damaging to those players. My personal opinion is that it should be the individual’s right to decide to play or not, and nobody else’s. Sorry to see him go, pretty lame to make that decision now, but it is what it is.