Bye Bye Raptor - Hello Trackhawk

oh8sti

Well boys, I made it to 40k miles with the raptor before the short block blew. Over the last 10k miles ive had loads of issues from mechanical to electrical. The final straw came yesterday when I took it in for an engine knock noise on cold start up. I was told I would need a SECOND short block, possibly a new long block. Fuck that noise. Love the truck, love the utility side of having it, but I cant keep having it in the shop for such major things every 10-20k miles. Ive owned it for the last 22 months and it spent a total of 3 months in the shop getting fixed.

Long story short, I traded it in yesterday and bought a new 2018 GC Trackhawk.Overall im very happy with the switch. This thing rips. 707hp in an AWD midsize SUV is no joke boys. I didn't buy it for gas mileage haha.

It was almost fully loaded at $98k MSRP. I was able to get $15k off and feel good about that.

plVxVoS.jpg

m4vNl9T.jpg

L2eNMMC.jpg

PyZo4zF.jpg

elnSRtv.jpg

0xQZf9B.mp4

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry you had such a terrible experience with the raptor. Been hearing a lot about how ford fucked it up going ecoboost instead of coyote.

Driven my friend's trackhawk - once you pass the break in mileage the thing will probably scare you, esp if you use the launch control...it's a freaking animal.

Nice score on the white with red interior - I haven't seen that combo yet and didn't even know it was available.

Looks awesome. Your issues reaffirm that nothing is made well anymore, even supposedly nice vehicles. I don't know if it's build quality, give a shit factor or we have so much tech going into these things that no one really knows shit if it's all going to last. I'm convinced it's a combination of all the above thus I'm not buying any of them. Cars are nothing more than a cost to drive per month/per mile thus why I continue to rent them, beat the hell out of them and turn them in.

Nice Jeep for sure.

The red was something I was looking for. I have a buddy that has the Nappa leather in beige, but I really don’t like the fake suede shit. I had that in my old STi and just reminded me of that and had to pass.

The Fully appointed leather seats come in black or red. For me it was an easy choice with red. I love the white/red combo and it just feels faster / sport oriented. Less family hauler. I don’t have kids yet, my wife and I just have 2 bulldogs right now. I change cars every 2 years or 50-60k miles. I’m hoping the 2021 or 2022 Trackhawk betters this one, but that’s hard to imagine.

This thing makes my hole pucker up tighter than a snare drum at full rip. It’s intoxicating.

I love the white/red combo and it just feels faster...

Just wait until you add some AZ stickers. :lol:

Kidding. Every CBro knows I loathe red interiors but I orig left that tidbit out. It's your vehicle and your money so if you like it rock it.

Congrats again. I bet it's a blast.

LOVE this thing. I also LOVE the yellow calipers, since thats the only model/trim that comes with them, as soon as you see the yellow you know it means business.

Did you have this Tuesday (8/13) down at Wolf's ridge? if so i saw you and it looks awesome!