Bye Bye Raptor - Hello Trackhawk

oh8sti

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty awesome for sure.

I feel your pain on the Ford. My brand new F150 has been at the dealership for 2.5 weeks with no resolution to a misfire issue. Not impressed so far.

Add my gt350 motor popping and ford lol.

LOVE this thing. I also LOVE the yellow calipers, since thats the only model/trim that comes with them, as soon as you see the yellow you know it means business.

Did you have this Tuesday (8/13) down at Wolf's ridge? if so i saw you and it looks awesome!

In Nashville?

I live in Nashville. I will however be in Columbus on 9/7 - might hit up cars and coffee before I drive back to Nash

I love newer Ford interiors and ergonomics but they're simply just huge piles of shit. Chevy has their quirks too but not nearly as bad. I've never been a fanboi of either until owning a few of each and finding the light.

+1.

I love the recent Ford offerings but the stories I've heard - just on CR - about...

F-150 Transmission

Mustang manual transmission

GT350 VooDoo engines popping

FWD PowerShift transmission issues

ST/RS engines

MKC powertrain issues

....let alone other things has been a big disappointment.

My company Lincoln MKC has a seriously annoying heatshield(?) rattle at cold startup coming from under the car (brand new!) and a disturbing part-throttle/cruising hesitation rolling on the highway. I wouldn't ever really consider this over import competition if I was buying one used years from now for my children. Yes, it's turbo...but any joy that should come with boost is lost on the stupid transmission as well.

OP put together a killer Raptor, it really is sad to see so many problems with a truck that should be building an amazing reputation for itself right now. Years from now people would be like "Tundra TRD Pro? Cool truck!".........."1st-gen Raptor? Yikes! You must've gotten that for cheap." ;)

At least the Ecoboost V6's seem to be doing OK....?

OP put together a killer Raptor, it really is sad to see so many problems with a truck that should be building an amazing reputation for itself right now. Years from now people would be like "Tundra TRD Pro? Cool truck!".........."1st-gen Raptor? Yikes! You must've gotten that for cheap." ;)

His was a 2nd gen Raptor with the Ecoboost.

Actually the First Gen's with the 6.2L are the ones holding value and seem to be the most reliable (if talking to owners and the internet is to be believed). The 5.4L 3-valves have all the problems those engines in other fords have - timing, camshaft sensors, oil issues, fuel pumps, etc...It's not a great engine.

I've heard from some ecoboost owners too that the new ones are just as problem prone as the early 5.4L's - engine and tranny issues abound.

I think the 1st gen 6.2L crew cab (not quad cab) raptor will be the collectible one day, all the others...well who says there will even be any around.

Your GT350 motor popped?!! What was the reason?

Nobody knows. If anyone claims they know, they're wrong. Ford isnt letting any dealers open them up other than to confirm something warrants a motor replacement. Mine had bearing material in oil filter, others say oil pump gear, others point to a rubber oring in the pan, etc. But only Ford knows for sure.

2019 gets recast block and heads if that tells you anything.

Poor engineering.

This.

Still coolest car under 100k imo.